Milk supply

Sarah13

Reaction score
Does anyone know if your milk supply can start to dry up if your baby is unwell and not feeding properly? Kynon has had a cold and cough all week and he's not feeding much despite me keep offering him. He either refuses or lasts 5 mins reluctantly. I've had him at doctors and was told it's a cold. I'm still getting wet and dirty nappys so know he's taking something, so as well as worrying about him being sick I'm worried I might start to dry up and he won't take a bottle.

You should be ok as long as he is still going on the breast at least some of the time, even for small amount of time. Milk supply might decrease but I don't think it wll dry up completely unless he stops latching altogether. Once he's well again and feeding back to normal your body will increase the supply to keep up with demand. Hope he's feeling better soon hun xxx

Thanks, was hoping that might be what happens, he's fed a bit longer today so fx he's on the mend.

It may drop, bit of he's still feeding it's unlikely to dry up. Just rest, drink lots of water and maybe have porridge for breakfast!!

Hope your lo feels better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back