Milk donation

zebrastripes

Reaction score
I've read about this,and decided to give it a shot.the problem is,the only bank here seems to be in Enniskilen which is like..miles away..and I'm in Down.Soo...anyone ever done it?Did they have some sort of collection service,and how far out would they come?
I'd really like to do this and will be really dissapointed if I can't :(

Hi Rebekah,

I really really wanted to do this too and was gutted to find out I couldn't. My nearest milk bank is in Glasgow which is about 70+ miles from me and they only collected within Glasgow city. I phoned and spoke to the contact on the website and this is what she told me, although she took my number in case they were ever desperate for donations.

I hope it works out for you - keep us posted. I think its such as shame there aren't more milk banks as I bet many more b/feeding mothers would donate, but I understand they must be very complicated to run and expensive to staff etc.

Good luck!

Valentine Xxx

No help I'm afraid, but wanted to wish you luck with it hun :hug:

my mum has told me they used to have a machine at most hospitals called 'daisy' that collected milk but she thinks they stopped it for some reason

good luck :hug:

I wanted to do it too but my nearest is in Birmingham and there are loads of rules... they don't mind about the quantities you give but they want them regularly instead of every so often. Which for me just wouldn't work out to be viable :(

It's such a pity. They should work in partnership with the blood donation people or something and let us pump off in the giving blood vans, surely they're going to hospitals anyway? :think:

Shame though :(

I'd never even heard of this to be honest.... good luck tho!

Well,I've emailed them,and if I don't get a reply in about a week I'll phone.I really do hope I can do this-thanks for the link valentine!

I also wanted to do this - my mum used to do it and I remember them coming to pick it up when she was feeding my younger sister. There's nowhere near me that does it either which is a shame. Good luck with it, I really hope you are able to do it because it will be very rewarding xx

I think your all great wanting to do it in the first place, takes a big hearted person. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back