Milk abroad...

Lolly85x

Reaction score
This has been really bugging me. We're going away in Sept and W will be 13 months, so hopefully on cows milk. I'm assuming he will still have a bottle of milk at night before bed. So is it okay to give them cows milk from Spain? One of my friends told me that Spanish cows milk isn't the same?? And she had to buy milk from a chemist when she got to Spain? Or would I be better just taking cartons of his cow&gate formula? In confused...!!xx

Cows milk in Spain is the same as here. The uht milk also tastes the same when kept in the fridge. We came back from Spain last week. Most of the big supermarkets will have it in their chiller section. We used uht milk I think it was called lemur (brand it wasn't lemur milk) lol they also do cravendale in the Iceland supermarkets

Their milk is sterilised not pasteurised tho which is why it tastes a little different. But it's fine to give Los

Also it's very hard to buy ready made formula there and the Tins were 17 euros. We didn't see any cow and gate just milupa and nestle.

Oh thanks very much!!! I couldn't figure out why she said they couldn't drink the milk. She must have been confused about it not being pasteurised! I'll hopefully find a shop and just get some milk and keep in the fridge :) thanks!!!

That's a crazy price for formula!xx

We are going just before you hun so I will let you know. Although daisy will be 11 months so still on formula. I had hoped to take a tin and that do her but its good to know there is something else. Im not taking loads of wipes or nappies either. Will just get them there. Although I have got her swim nappies as they were on offer here xx

tapatalking

I purposely kept lo on formula as im not keen on the milk there myself and didnt want her fussing with her milk intake.
I found napies to be like 10 or more euros glad I took enough x

Nappies were so expensive there, swim nappies were really cheap tho

Eeek really. Ok thanks for the heads up. Will pack enough!! Xx

tapatalking

10 euros for nappies? Where were you shopping? Lol
Most of the milk here is UHT, but i can assure you it is perfectly safe for your LOs. And you can buy formula too ;) Although most women breast feed :)

I've been using the milk here out in Turkey for Bs breakfast etc and he's been fine x

All the local shops near our resort x

Yeah my friend said the nappies were a fortune! He has his own 20k luggage allowance, so I'm going to try take a couple of wipes and plenty nappies.xxx

Yeah my friend said the nappies were a fortune! He has his own 20k luggage allowance, so I'm going to try take a couple of wipes and plenty nappies.xxx

Daisy has nothing. Her stuff is going in 3 small cases as hand luggage. Though as it stands I have 1 swim suit and 2 maxi dresses to take so room for nappys is not a problem lol xx

tapatalking

Shops near holiday resorts are always expensive. Find a normal big supermarket and it will have everything normal price you need.
The milk is just fine as Spain babies still alive :)
They obviously have formula too but you may not find the same brand.
We are off in turkey in December for a congress and getting Amelie with us too.
I am getting absolutely nth with me other than her clothes and some toys.
I am sure Turkish babies survive just fine lol, I am also sure no person in Europe pays 10 euros for nappies it just the local tourist small shops that they want to rip off the tourists and that's unfortunately what happens at most of the countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back