Mild Thrush

Linzie2012

Reaction score
Can you get mild thrush ?

I think I've got it but not at its full force. I get itchy in the evening, a itch that can't be un itched !!! And also slightly sore on my opening & then tender during sex with a little yellow creamy discharge throughout the day, I wouldn't say I'm suffering bad & that its causing issue.

I've bought the combo anyway with cream & pessary that I was planning in using tonight.

All would be ok to use with mild symptoms ?

Ooh
Don't use pessary or oral
I think only thing you can use is the cream
Double check the instruction leaflet!

I've heard if that
Pro biotic natural yogurt
Cold from the fridge soothes and the bio part helps clear it x

Complementary therapies

Some women find that complementary therapies, such as bathing the genital area with diluted tea tree oil gel*or*plain bio-live yoghurt helps to ease their thrush symptoms.
However, tea tree essential oil can sometimes cause skin irritation. You should not use more than one or two drops in the bath and if*there is any irritation*stop using the oil and wash the area with clean, warm water.
Although using yoghurt won't do you any harm, there's no evidence to suggest that it will relieve the symptoms of thrush or help treat it and it should not be considered a main treatment.
If you want to try using plain live yoghurt, one method is to smear it*directly over the vulva to ease any soreness or irritation and then insert*it directly into the vagina.
The easiest way to do this is to use a tampon with an applicator. Push the tampon back inside the applicator, add about one*teaspoon of plain live yoghurt to the*space and insert the tampon in the usual way. Remove the tampon an hour later.*

That's off nhs website x

Oh damn, I thought the pessary was ok to use. Would of saved me a bob just buying the cream or natural yogurt :)

If you can't use essay, does the nhs tip with tampon & yogurt cause a problem or is it something in the pessary.

I've also never had thrush before so not entirely sure how to treat properly. :-/

I think its what's in the pessaey maybe
Check the instructions
It'll have when not to use
And if safe when pregnant etc
X

You can use the pessary, I've just had it prescribed by a nurse & doctor. & confirmed ok by the pharmacist & the instructions! I didn't use the applicator though, just used my fingers. It has worked quickly so I recommend it x

I'm not sure what to do now. Will the cream kill the infection on its own ?

Not sure but if you spk to the nurse at your gp's she will prescribe you the pessarys & you can use your exemption card to get them for free. You only need them for 3 days & it's worked for me. I've been getting it on & off for a year or so but always ignored it, this has cleared it up pretty instantly x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back