Migraines :(

kittyrooroo

Reaction score
When I was pregnant with my first, my migraines completely disappeared (I used to get one or two a month) but this time I've had at least one a week!! They're killing me!! I got about two hours sleep last night with an ice pack on wondering when it was going to fade!

I've read online that it's all the extra oestrogen (and something about it indicating that it could be a girl) but I've just had enough of them now. Has anyone been to the docs with this problem? Maybe they can prescribe something that's safe?

Don't know if you can take anything, I've had two since finding out and the only thing that helped was just lying in bed in the dark and not moving!

My sister had terrible migraines with both her boys, the doctor ended up prescribing co-codamol which helped a little I think. Might be worth speaking to your GP?

I am a migraine sufferer in general and i tend to avoid and triggers like chocolate and cheese, other triggers have been the contraceptive pill and the emergency contraceptive. In my 3 previous pregnancies i was able to eat as much chocolate and cheese as i liked in fact i craved cheese at the beginning and i never had 1 migraine throughout! However this weekend i picked up a cold from my son and ended up feeling poorly, then at 8pm Saturday my vision went in one eye so i knew a migraine was coming and then the same thing again Sunday at 6pm, i was so upset having 2 in a row the pain was horrific. When i'm not pregnant i take sumatriptan which i are amazing they wipe you off your feet but you get no pain, however in pregnancy i took co-codamol they definitely helped with the pain as normal paracetamol wouldn't have touched it! Im gutted as i was enjoying hot chocolate in the evenings and my cheese again, now i'm going to avoid them like the plague!!

I had 1 bad one a few weeks ago but have been having frequent headaches. I would see your GP hun and I hope they clear up soon for you x

After suffering for two days, since posting this I've got another migraine! Two in 5 days!! It's absolutely horrific, I just can't function so definitely going to ring the doctor on Monday and ask about this co-codomol. This pregnancy has really wiped me out and I'm only 9 weeks! I hope I start to feel more like myself soon.

Thanks so much for the replies xxx

Aww really hope GP can do something and they clear up soon for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back