Midwives

katie_lou

Reaction score
Hi All ,

Am new to this so please bear with me.

This is my first pregancy and i am 35 weeks. I just wonderd if any one else feels like there midwives are not very helpful.

I feel like my midwife has not prepared me in any way for labour ETC, to be honest at my appointments it seems like they want to rush you in and out as quickly as possible and are not willing to answer any questions you have . When i asked about pain relief and if she could explain what my options where she advised me to look it up on the internet ( this really annoyed me ).

With it being my first pregancy there is so my questions that i feel i need to ask, i know the midwifes must be asked the same questions over and over again but i feel like they should still be willing to give you the best care possible.

xxx:)

Oh, absolutely, they all seem to be more or less 'give me your wee and blood sample, let's measure your bump and get you out of here'. I don't know what I'd do without PF!

thats really sad i have yet to meet my local mid wife i hope shes nice and helpful xx

My mw's are really good but have seen some of the girls on here have a tough time with theirs. I wouldn't swap this place for the world, no question is daft here and it's all in writing cos tbh my memory aint what it used to be lmao xxxxxxx

I have to say the midwife I have is amazing. She phoned me the day after my scan to see how it went and how I felt and she came to me to do paperwork rather than me have to trek to the surgery. I just wish she was going to be at the actual birth

I find mine fairly nice but for questions on things like pain relief ect she does tend to say you can ask all of that at your parentcraft day!!!

Did you not get an appointment for parent craft? maybe its worth finding out if you will still have time to book into one before LO arrives :)

Mine is pretty much usless I think alot of ladies on here feel the same, I find out more from people on here than I do from my midwife xx

My midwife is really nice there are two of them and they always ask if i have any questions and to call them if i want anything,
Maybe be stubon and refuse to leave until you have asked all your questions, or take a note pad in with any questions written down and say to her 'i have some questions written down i want to ask you' and if she tells you to google tell her you don't have the internet any more - saving pennies for the baby!
Also say you dont trust everything it says online and would rather have her tell you.
Start asking and take note of what she says she can't exactly refuse to answer them.
If she is still rude and won't tell you about what you want to know tell her your not happy. Tell her next time you want a double appointment because your worried and want time with your midwife. Last resort write in a letter of complaint even if its anominous. She should know how scary it is for you and give you time to talk, sometimes i have to drag myself out of the midwifes i start yapping so much but they never ruush me and always remind me i can call anytime. She should act more like that x

I have to say the midwife I have is amazing. She phoned me the day after my scan to see how it went and how I felt and she came to me to do paperwork rather than me have to trek to the surgery. I just wish she was going to be at the actual birth

hiya just wondered whether it was due to area and that you live in as im from the midlands too, and MW came to me to do all paperwork etc, and i know they done the same with the last one and they also came to my house 34/35 weeks to go through birth paln and explain all the pain relief etc...i think mine is really nice :)

just wish all you other girls could have the same care from your midwives, but thankful there is pf for everyone to share their concerns xxx

the internet has been more helpful than my midwife ....i think i'm just worrying now as i only have 5 weeks left and i feel like there are cetrain things am still unsure about. I think at my next appointment i will make a point of telling her i dont feel prepared ETC.

Thanks for all your advice :)

my midwife was really nice, but she never picks up her phone, and mailbox is full.

but am moving on thursday, so will get a new one probably.

hope it goes ok at your next appt.
xx

My midwife isn't too bad actually, but at my booking in appointment I got the vibe that she couldn't be bothered and was bored (while me and OH were complete opposite!)

Its a shame that some MW's are like this :(

mine gave me a huge pg&baby book that explains pg labour caring for them up to toddler age.a leaflet about the flu jab which they recommend all preg women get ( no thanks ) and a leaflet about a cubs test ( to check for downs/spinabifida via bloods and a scan.while i was out the room she told my partner to make sure i didnt google to much info on the net and freak myself out ( actually he is the more nervous one its his first)
with just 5 weeks to go u would think she would go over the labour and birth plan with u might be an idea to go to your gp and explain your mw wont go over the pain relief side of things with u .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back