Midwifes

Levi89

Reaction score
So... I was talking to my stepdad about my 20 week scan and it got me thinking...

After my scan I never seen the midwife? I asked the receptionist if I was to see her and she said no. So the next day I had a voicemail from them saying I never got my notes so I need to go and get them. Useless so they are!!

Anyway - the last time I actually seen a midwife was at the 12 week scan and I'm now nearly 22 weeks :| Do they contact me? I honestly thought I would get a letter out giving me an appointment? I feel fine and all that, but surely they should be keeping tabs on my bloods, blood pressure and stuff?

xx

Well you will see your midwife for check up's and she will make sure your BP is all ok, right up until the end. But you don't have any more scans. Just the 12 and 20 week, unless they need to see the baby. But I don't have any more scans, but I see my midwife every 4 weeks.

Yeah I know about the scans, but I just thought it was strange that she hasn't contacted me about check ups :| xx

You should see ur midwife around 16 weeks and then again around 22wks... You will need to book them in though x

I just thought she would phone me like the 12 week appointment she made with me. You would think they would be wondering where the hell I am no? x

Yeah at ur 12 week appointment she should of told u when to re-book ur next appointment for.. that's what mine did, then when I seen her on my 16wks app she told me when to book again... I'm surprised they haven't rang u though to see where u are...x

Last edited:
I'll phone tomorrow and sort it lol! I never even thought, until the girls on here were talking about hearing the heartbeat! Deary me I'm so unorganised lol! Thank you :) xx

I got told at my 20 week scan that you book the midwife for around 24 weeks hope this helps :) xx
also I got to hear baby's heartbeat at the 20 week scan, did you not get this as well Levi?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back