Midwife

leannie

Reaction score
Well girls Im getting excited. Tomorrow I meet my allocated MW for the first time! I have seen one at my booking in but it wasnt my own. I am under shared care but have only seen my dr twice in my entire pregnancy.

As this is my first pregnancy I havent got a clue how it all works and in all the excitment Im not really sure what is going to happen or what I need to ask her.

Anyone got any advice for me? Apart from sitting her down with a nice cup of tea and a biccy and asking her sweetly where she has been these past 23 wks!
:D

I CANNOT BELEIVE THAT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU ARE SEEING YOUR MW...

I THINK THE FIRST QUESTION SHOULD BE WERE THE HELL YOUR CARE HAS GONE TOO..

I AM ONLY TWELVE WEEKS AND I HAVE SEEN DOCTOR ONCE AND MIDWIFE TWICE AND SCAN TWICE AND I AM A NORMAL CASE.

I AM GLAD THAT ALL IS GOING WELL WITH YOU, GOOD JOB REALLY. I AM SHOCKED.

HAVE YOU HAD ANY SCANS YET??

i dont see my midwife till 26 weeks, which is now, just phoned to make an apointment and she is fully booked so i have to wait till next week.

it will be like your 20 weeks scan, you should have seen a random midwife after that, she will ask how your doing, listen to babys heartbeat and prob messure your tummy, then you will have a chance to ask her anything you want or need to know. I.E if you have had any aches of pains, check them out, any adice on foods etc.

its all pretty laid back so dont worry about it :)

Hiya Kaceys mum

I had an early scan as they thought I was having an etopic pregnancy at 7 wks then again at 8 wks as I started to have brown discharge, then I had my dating scan which should of been at 16 wks but because I started bleeding at 15 wks i had an emergency one.

Hiya Layla

I havent had a 20 wk scan! This is one of the questions I am going to have to bring up, as I seem to be the only one who hasnt seemed to have had one

I see my midwife for the first time on Friday. I have only seen her at 8 weeks when I got given all the bumf to fill in. Another midwife did my booking at 11 weeks because mine was on her hols at the time. I had my scan at 20 weeks (but no checkup at the same time) and haven't been seen by anyone!! I can't believe I have been left to get on with it for so long. I'm quite looking forward to Friday - will be good to hear the heartbeat, get measured etc.

Sunshine

LOL...ive never met my 'named' MW, i have been to a booking in appointment and a 20 wk appointment, but they were with random MW's, be nice to get to know them, but guess it dont work like that any more?!

Well - I have just come back from my midwive's appointment - having just been seen by my GP!! I am beginning to wonder if my midwife still exists!! I was told to make another appointment in 4 weeks time - but I am seeing the consultant then so will get to see my midwife (hopefully) in 8 weeks - when I am 32 weeks gone!!! Loads of time to get to know her then!!!!!!!!!

At least I got my blood pressure checked and got to hear baby's geartbeat at last. All is well so i am happy about that!

Sunshine

Hi girls,

First of all i'd like to say thank you to you all, if it wasn't for these posts i wouldn't have remembered to make my appointment with my midwife (again- i got a memory like a sieve at the mo.!)

I first saw a maternity nurse at 8 weeks then saw my own midwife at 12weeks, on the same day I had my scan, and my next one with her, i'll be 18 weeks. She gave me a list of when I should see her and have scans/antenatal/blood tests etc done, did you not get anything like that?

Nicki. :D

Hi

My midwife appt went well and I get to see her again in 4 wks time! Now I know what she looks like and what she is like I can relax a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back