Midwife

Geekachublog

Reaction score
Is there any way of me requesting a different midwife? Would anyone know how to go about it?

I've never met her or spoken to her (she was off sick the first time and on annual leave second appt)
I've just called to see if she can do my MatB1 form (was told by another midwife on my last appt to call today) and her voicemail said she's either in day off or annual leave and not to leave a message)

How can I be 5 months gone and never to have spoken to her or seen her? It's annoying me now.

Never mind, I've found out since asking on here, wheels now in motion :)

That's awful you've not seen or never even spoken to her!! >.< kinda pointless really. Deffo a good move to change midwife :) good luck with your next one xxx

I've seen three different midwives, I have no idea if I have a specific one!

I've seen different ones but never my own.

I've asked for a new one, could've really done with the support to be honest, feel pretty let down so far.

I don't blame you hun! I've had more support from my GP than any of the midwives

I have no idea who my midwife is or even if I actually have one assigned, seen someone different every time! Hoping I know more after my next app next week!! Xxx

Mine was written on my green form, but I have a new one from now according to the Community Midwife Team Leader, thankfully it's a midwife that I've seen before.

I dunno where all of my courage has come from, I'd never have dared ask before but I needed to do something it was stressing me out.

That's your mother's instinct coming out Geeks, you'll do anything to protect your baby :)

Ive never had a consistent midwife but am hospital led anyway so towards the end i dont have extra appointments etc , but if midwife led like you id want some consistancy too

Being brave comes with pregnancy, im slightly less rarrrr after baby , i mellow out a bit.

Mine is due to go on maternity leave soon but I've never seen her. Not bothered I think you just get whoever is on shift in my hospital when you go in. Would be nice to have your own. X

I've never seen the same one either seems to b a diff midwife each time x

I don't mind with not seeing my midwife each time but the one on my form (the one assigned by doctors) isn't even available by phone, it's pretty irritating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back