midwife

bbee

Reaction score
my midwife has not given me a direct number for her so i have had no contact with her, apart from the one time ive seen her earlier on in my pregnancy. I've got another appointment soon (in around two weeks) but i want to see her! just to make sure all is good and fine. How do i book an appointment if i don't have a number for her? :-( shall i just ring my medical practice and ask if they can sort me out an appointment? anyone else in this situation? Wah :( xxx

Didn't wanna read n run but I'm not gunna be much help. I've been given a number for the midwife "team" at my doctors surgery. It was written in my green notes. But that's all I've got? Are you seeing your midwife through your doctors surgery? Try phoning there and getting something set up?

I'm 25 weeks & I've seen my midwife once at about 9 weeks. That's it! There isn't alot of point seeing her unless you have a specific concern. If you need her number for emergencies I would contact the place you saw her (doctors surgery/children's centre etc) & ask them. If you want reassurance bubba is ok have you considered having private scans as well as your NHS ones? I had a private scan at 6,10 & 15 weeks & have my 4D scan this Saturday. They help alot in reassuring you all is well x

If u see your midwife at your gp surgery or health centre cotact them theyll have your midwifes number or if u see them at the hospital contact your maternity unit

Thanks ladies :)
i see her through my GP so i will give them a ring! xxx

I don't have a number for a mw either, I'm not even sure who my midwife is, I have seen different women at all of my appointments, would it be the midwife I saw at my 16 weeks? Have no idea who I'm dealing with! Xxx

I have a load of details on the front of my maternity notes - midwife's name and contact number, local midwives team number, triage etc. And who to call when for any emergency problems - A&E for up to 18 weeks, and triage for over 18 weeks.

I don't think I had quite that amount of info last time (was living in a different area), but you should at least have some contact numbers on the front of your notes.

Be wary of private scans ask before you pay what follow up they have if they do find an issue as most of them leave you high and dry if something is not right.

I call gp to get in contact or the commuinty mw number and she calls me back. X

I would just call GP surgery. Last pregnancy my midwife gave me her mobile number, this pregnancy my midwife (different MW to last time) has not given me her number but I wouldn't want to talk to her unless there is an issue anyway, she is not very nice to say the least! x

My private scans are done by the lead obstetrician at my local NHS hospital who has her own clinic. She's very professional & wouldn't leave me high or dry - it's a sweeping statement to say 'most would leave you high & dry' - some maybe, but certainly not most!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back