midwife

Layla

Reaction score
i have my first midwife appoitment today, im so excited.

my children are 5 and 7 so it seems so long ago i saw the midwife for them, i cant remember what happens on the first vist, i know they take your details and book the scan etc, but do they listen to the babys heartbeat this early???

my midwife listend to the heartbeat on my first visit but i had my scan before i saw her so i guess its different in other places :D

Hi Layla

How exciting!!

My midwife told me they can't hear the baby's heartbeat using their normal equipment until around 11 weeks so she didn't even try at my booking in appointment (I had it at around 7.5 weeks) - she took my details, weighed me, took blood pressure, blood tests and tested my urine sample, and booked me in for a scan. But between the booking in and the 12 week scan, the time just flew by.

Hope it goes well

LB xx

i agree the time does fly im now counting the days till my next scan on 15 th june i cant wait im hoping to find out the sex of the baby :D :D

wondering if anyone can help,I know all area's are different but if anyone else has been in this situation?
I had my doc appt over a week ago and then I was told the midwife would contact me to arrange a booking in appointment. So far I haven't had a call from her, is this normal? Another girl on here said this happened to her, that the midwife didnt call for 2 weeks, just wondering if this happened to anyone else. Also is itnormal to have first scan at 12 weeks? i cant wait
xxx

well she didnt listen to the heartbeat, it was just to get my due date really which i aleady know.

she is coming back round on saturday to fill in all the forms and book me for my scan, i told her bout twins in my family and my symptoms, so she said she will try to book me in for a scan at 10 weeks to see how many i have

Hi

I went to my doctor 2 1/2 weeks ago and I still havent heard anything from the midwife!!

I did have a bit of a scare over the weekend though and got an early scan which was nice. Everything turned out to be fine, just waiting to see midwife now...

Hi Lauz 1601

You should have a scan at around 10-12 weeks but it does depend on the area you live in, some areas dont offer one untill 18-20 weeks (im glad i can have one at 12 weeks).

I had to book an appointment myself with my midwife at the reception in my doctors so i think you should call the doctors and ask them to arrange an appointment for you, otherwise you will be waiting for weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back