midwife tomorrow

sarafet

Reaction score
i have my midwife appointment tomorrow and my mum said she'd come with me, but she just phoned there and said would i be ok going myself because she has too much to do tomorrow :cry:

i can't stop crying now because i feel kind of let down :cry: i know it's only a midwife appointment :( i'm just really upset. :cry:

thanks bloom :hug:

yeah he said he'll take the day off work. i really don't mind going myself, it's just the principle of it really :cry:

i think my mums still trying to come to terms with it sometimes to be honest, she was saying she was really busy tomorrow, like 'i have to go to the post office and pick up a parcel..' :roll: the appointment will probably only take like 15 mins :cry:

Aww im sure she didnt mean to upset you
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm sorry your Mum let you down :hug:

It won't be that long an appointment for your OH to need to take the whole day off. Be a shame to lose a days salary. Maybe just the AM or PM for the appointment?

I don't worry about anyone coming with me to the MW. I kind of like the chance to have a bit of one on one with her.

Hope your appointment goes ok

No one goes with me when I go :( U will be fine and your mum will come round eventually

back from m/w, she was lovely and everything is well :dance:

i feel a lot better because i know that i have that support network now, where as, upto now, i've not had anyone i could phone for advice etc.

she found babies heartbeat and he/she was running away from it :rotfl: little nutter :rotfl:

my oh did come with me, i went in myself but he sat in the waiting room, he's a sweetie :)

she wants to see me back in 2 weeks though?? thats a bit early, no? also -we had a chat about how my area don't offer the anomaly scan and she also thinks it's appalling :( so we're going to get the babybond one next month..

hope everyones ok today :hug:

sarah xxx

sarafet said:
she wants to see me back in 2 weeks though?? thats a bit early, no? also -we had a chat about how my area don't offer the anomaly scan and she also thinks it's appalling :( so we're going to get the babybond one next month..

Glad all went well. The 20 week appointment is normal iirc so chances are she is just bringing you into line with it all.

Then its 24/26 weeks usually, at least round here.

In my area we don't see the midwife between 12 and 24 weeks :shock:

Mind you, I did get a 20 week scan as routine so I can't really complain.

debecca said:
In my area we don't see the midwife between 12 and 24 weeks :shock:

Cripes, I had a 12, 16 and 20 week and then a 26 week one to come. It really is a lottery as to each health authority and what they offer.

We get:

less than 12 week 1st booking appt
12week scan
16week MW
18-20week detailed scan
24week MW
28week MW
31week MW
34week MW
36week MW
38week MW
40week MW
41week MW/GP to discuss induction

that's in Aberdeen.

That's horrid that you don't get an anomaly (sp) scan!

What a sweetie your OH is waitng in the waiting room for you :hug:

Glad it went well for you :)

I'm not sure exactly when we get appointments here, I know that my midwife is booked so far in advance! She has too many pregnant women and not enough time.

I had a 5-6 week app (when I found out I was pregnant)
A 14 week one
and I've one on the 22nd, around 22 weeks gone
As well as a 12 week scan and a 20 week one.

Seems silly how many different levels of care we get!

Glad it went well

I get booking appointment and scan (supposed to be at 12 weeks but mine was 16) and then was supposed to have a midwife appointment at 16 weeks.

then I have marked in my notes

20 week scan (done)
22 weeks (done)
28 weeks with bloods
32 weeks
34 weeks
36 weeks with bloods
38 weeks
40 week with bloods

:roll: didn't realise it varied so much depending on your area :?

i still think it's shocking that not everyone is offered the anomaly scan :(

Its stupid - u are not far away from me so it shouldn't vary that much.

Looking at my midwife appointments it feels like I won't be away from the clinic :lol:

I'm glad your appointment went well.
:D
I saw the midwife at 8 and 16 weeks, see her again at 28. (If it were my first I'd have seen her at 24 weeks too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back