Midwife today

TORino

Reaction score
Can't say I'm particularly excited or anything, I always feel a bit short changed when I go to the midwife, I am rushed in and out pretty much. She dips a stick in my wee, measures bump and asks if I'm ok and that's it.

I wish she listened to the heartbeat or felt baby's position or SOMETHING lol

:(

I'm such a drama queen... :lol:

aww, she should listen for you hun, my 28 week appointment was very rushed, she was running 45 mins late. I had more bloods taken at this appointment so she kind of had to take her time with that. I hate being rushed in and out of appointments.

I have consultant tomorrow, i'm wondering if he will be just as rushed. xx

oh and midwife tried to feel position of baby and she said she couldnt tell what he/she was in and it didnt matter at this stage anyway :)

MY midwife didnt do any of those things till 28 weeks. When I asked about the heartbeat, she said that they didnt try before that because sometimes it can be tricky to find, and it makes people panic. When she felt my LO at 28 weeks, she had a student, and told the student that it was still too early to make out different parts of baby - so thats maybe why they havent felt your position yet. xxx

I might ask her, she might take pity on me.. lol.

Oh yeah, bloods this appointment, I forgot about that one!

My MW didnt measure or feel baby till 28 weeks but she listened to HB from 20

Can you ask her to listen to it? I would have expected it to be one of the more important checks they have to do but guess if your getting movement she knows all is well

Hope you have better experience with her todya hun

My MW didnt measure or feel baby till 28 weeks but she listened to HB from 20

Can you ask her to listen to it? I would have expected it to be one of the more important checks they have to do but guess if your getting movement she knows all is well

Hope you have better experience with her todya hun

They didn't feel position until last couple of appointments - but have listened to heartbeat since about 16 weeks. Ask if you want to hear it... Make the midwife earn their money!! :). Good luck! Oh yes - and bloods at 28 weeks...! Xx

Actually I've just noticed, there is a thing in my notes about what they do at each appointment. Pffft.

So, according to the information this is what I get this week:

Measure blood pressure and test urine
Measure and plot symphysis
If you are rhesus negative you will be offered anti d injection
Offer blood test for anaemia, antibodies and diabetes
Give verbal and written information with an opportunity to discuss issues and ask questions
Discuss opportunities to attend antenatal classes
Send contact sheet to health visitor to inform her of your pregnancy
If you live in a Surestart area, discuss how you are using Surestart scheme
Discuss physical, psychological, educational and social needs.
Give you a date for your next visit.

So there is no checking of heartbeat on that list there so I guess she won't do it unless I pester her.

Last edited:
They have listened to bubs heartbeat since 16 weeks even tho they warned me before that it could be too early but it wasn't and they heared it, they have felt baby since about 25 weeks... maybe my midwifes are over protective lol...
They never rush x

The hospital midwife checked hb today and grabbed baby's head which is just behind my pubic hairs (haven't shaved for a while lmao) and shook it :shock:. I was a bit miffed lol

Hope you get what you want to happen. When you hand over your notes have it open at the checklist page and smile sweetly :D xxxxxxxxxx

The hospital midwife checked hb today and grabbed baby's head which is just behind my pubic hairs (haven't shaved for a while lmao) and shook it :shock:. I was a bit miffed lol

Hope you get what you want to happen. When you hand over your notes have it open at the checklist page and smile sweetly :D xxxxxxxxxx

Miffed!!!! I would have kicked right off if she had done that to me!!!! Cheeky cow. x

My midwife signs and dates things we've had discussions about, apparently at my last appointment we talked about dummies, nipple shields, skin to skin. I don't necessarily want to talk to her about them again but I was a bit annoyed to see she'd signed them off when we never mentioned them at all!!!

she should listen to the heartbeat every time she sees u. my one does without me asking. im 30 wks now and she hasnt yet tried to feel where he is, i think that happens bit later on.
she always does wee tests and asks if i wana know anything.
she is ok, but i dont feel like she tells me everything she should- she is pregnant too tho so im thinkin she has baby brain. will be interesting to compare her replacement in a few wks!
dont be scared to ask for what u think ur entitled to, and if she refuses, change ur mw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back