Midwife predicts

Lyn_no3

Reaction score
I am still in a massive state of shock! I went to the midwife on thursday and she measured me as normal, last time when i was 30 wks she said i was measuring 33 and this time at 33 she said i was measuring 35! she plotted it alongside my graph from my last 2 pregnancies and estimated that from the sizes i was going to be having a 10lb baby!! :shock: I wasn't worried at all until then now i don't know how i'm gonna cope!! Are there any women on here that have had 10lb+ babies that could ease my mind a little?? *deep breaths Lyn deep breaths* :shock:

I've never gone through labour but rest assured that your pelvis is only so big and your baby will only grow to as big as that an be let out of there. Actually, that probably doen't relax you at all :roll:

*hugs* I feel for you love! I think I'd go into labour right there and then from shock!! :shock:

Hi Lyn, try not to worry to much about these measurements as they are not a very accurate way of measuring your baby. I was measured my my midwife as being 26cm at 26 weeks, then two weeks later the OB measured me at 25cm at 28 weeks and then last week the midwife measured me again at 29cm at 30weeks!
I think some of it is a bump changing shape, also it can be affected by how active your baby is and how much fluid your carrying!

my friend had a 10lb baby at 33 weeks (she had diabetes) i cant really tell you any thing good about having a 10lb baby, she tore quite badly :shock: im having a 8lb + baby... but im not worried so much as having babies is meant to be natural and so many of us do it...it really cant be that bad.... once baby is out all pain just goes.. just think how much lighter you will be and no more back aches :D

if pregnancy and labour was that painful this planet wud not be so over populated ha ha ha ha

love elaine and bump

Thanx ladies :) I think your right Elaine if it was that bad then why would people carry on to have more n more... i think its just the nerves of it all being real kicking in, i got like this towards the end of carrying the boys too, its the weird dreams of births n pain that do it i reckon.. Am goin slightly mad here!!
The midwife is seeing me again in a week to see if the baby is still growing fast and said she'd do a scan to check dates and also check for diabetes. I hope everything is ok. But i'm sure it will be.. might mean i get to meet Bump earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back