Midwife number?

DiddlePlumbs

Reaction score
On my green notes the only number I have is for the "Chestnut Team" (in Yeovil all the different doctor surgeries midwifes teams have different tree names)

If I ring it, will it be the midwife team at my doctors surgery or at the hospital?

I'm not sure who to call cause I'm paranoid about bumpy. On Friday afternoon I had a really bad panic attack which last 15 mins and half way through I had a really sharp pain at the bottom of my bump but it went away quite quickly. However, since my P.A she's not been the same. She's not moving as much as she used to and the bumps/kicks that I am getting are no where near as hard as they were either.

Should I be worried? Or is it just a coincidence that she's being quiet?

I don't know whether to phone my midwife or not :\

Nor sure about your numbers, Is there a triage at your local hospital?! My midwife said to always call the triage number on my notes?! If you don't have it call up your hospital and get ask to put thought to maternity triage?!

It would be the on call MW number give it a try you can always be redirected. I would call.

My midwife told me the only person who knows your babies habits and movement patterns is you

If you can't find the number maybe ring your doctors maternity ward- failing that go down the hospital?

I had to leave a message and they just phoned me back. She said that its probably nothing and "at 25 weeks im not going to feel her moving all the time, especially if im stood up" but considering i've been led in bed for pretty much the past two days (been very lazy and watching house)
The conversation ended with her saying "if you're not happy with what i've said then you need to phone the labour ward but all theyll do is have a listen." So idk what to do now, got the impression that if i do phone again i'd be wasting their time... but like you said mummybexee, shes just not been the same :/

So ring that ward- you don't pay national insurance every month for no reason- your entitled to this care so you go get them to hook up to baby and have a listen- you shouldn't be stressed about something that could be resolved :)

I second what mummybee said! Don't feel like you're imposing or feel guilty. It's you n your baby n a service you're entitled to. Give them a ring n don't be fobbed off! Good luck keep us posted x

It's quite possibe baby just moved possition and you are not feeling it so well but I agree, if you are not happy it's well worth getting it checked.

I also mimic this my baby has been quieter the last couple of days I went to hospital last night all was fine still paranoid tho :-( but they were really nice and said to always get it checked good luck hope all is ok x

Didn't phone last night cause I had a family engagement to go to but today she's gone back to normal, proper wriggling about all over the place :) No idea why she's been so quiet since Friday though :/

Hey lovely,
Just seen this post!
I was part of the Chestnut and Willow Team when having my LO. The number they give you is their office need and sometimes won't call back till the next day. After 24 weeks (I think) is when they said I should call the Labour wars.
Yeovil District is a fab hospital can't fault it.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back