Midwife has scared me to death!!

Danielle77

Reaction score
I had my 24 week appt today with the midwife. It wasn't my usual midwife and she was very abrupt. She asked whether the baby's movement is ok. I said that it has a crazy day, followed by a couple of quiet days, then a crazy day again. She said 'well, if you don't feel ten kicks in 12 hours, call us as your baby may be dead!!!'. What an awful thing to say! When she listened, she kept harping on about how active the baby is - so why say it? For any ladies that I have worrid writing this: she also said that the ten kicks include big kicks or really faint ones that are hardly even there. Im bunged up with a massive cold and really didnt need that tonight! rant over! x

That's a really horrible thing to say! I would have thumped her one! lol Hope you feel better soon xx

What a stupid and unprofessional thing to say! I'm only 22 weeks but i don't feel kicks that often and it does worry me, but i'm sure its quite normal at this stage. I certainly wouldn't want to hear that! Surely it could have been put more tactfully. Cowbag x

OMG I would have punched her (then blamed it on the hormones!)!! What a nasty nasty nasty thing to say! Baby is going through a growing period just now so you might not feel them for a bit - I think its after 28 weeks you need to keep tabs on the movement!

I would be writing a strongly worded complaint - its not fair adding stress onto you which in turn stresses your baby which then could result in you panicking and heading to A&E for a reason that they will no doubt make you feel silly for!

Stupid woman she is! xxxx

Glad it wasnt just me being oversensitive!!! Thanks ladies. Bee7 - Ive only felt regular kicks for the last two weeks, dont worry. Some people done even feel anything until 24weeks! x

I would of hunted down the head midwife on shift and reported her .. i would of also turned on the water works for more effect. I cant believe someone could say something so cold hearted so easily. Thats the sound of someone who has been in her job too long that she forgets how to care. Everyone is just a number where shes concerned. Get yourself some chocolate hun and feel better soon xoxox

U don't need to count movements until 28 weeks, and it's 10 in a 24 hour period. Stupid midwife. I would've slapped her!

What an awful thing to say, very unprofessional.

What a horrible and awful thing to say....as if pregnancy wasn't stressful enough you don't need to hear those kind of things!! xx

I would definately mention it to someone higher up, she can't be allowed to get away with it grrrrr.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back