Midwife called about bloods, almost have me a heart attack!

Jojo84

Reaction score
When your midwife calls and says "there's been a problem with your bloods" ... Seriously... It's not the best conversation opener!!

Apparently when they took my bloods yesterday her coleague sent them off without her signing the form so I need to go in tomorrow to get them redone. Luckily I kinda like needles and i find blood taking fascinating!! So I don't mind but I coulda done without the heart attack thanks lol

Last edited:
I take blood for a living and have done that many a time!! What a panic though - thank goodness you're not needle phobic. I always seem to do something like that with needle phobic patients and then feel so guilty!

Are you a phlebotomist? I've always wanted to train to be one but I don't think I have the right qualifications :(

I am, yep. You don't need any formal qualifications to train, the only thing I think some places look for is that you are in a job where the skill can be used but not all - I actually trained when I was 17 and working as admin in a GP surgery and have been doing it ever since! It's a really interesting job actually and something I really enjoy (as weird as that sounds!) You should definitely look into it :)

I'm working as a learning disability support worker but we don't take blood. I'm thinks either that ie maybe going in for direct entry midwifery - I'm going to discuss it wig mt midwife at some point

You should, midwifery was something I was always interested in - especially when I used to do ward rounds in maternity! I currently work as a healthcare assistant and it's really interesting.

Good luck with baby + job wise too!! Xx

That would not be ideal for me! I faint when I see blood, get too cold, too hot, hurt myself, see someone else hurt..... this does not bode well for labour itself and parenthood in general!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back