Midwife booking - how soon?

Anna@work

Reaction score
hello everybody !
I am week 4 today and was wondering how soon did you contact your midwife team to get your first appt?
I’ve had a MMC at 11weeks last August and awkwardly feel like it won’t make much difference seeing a midwife this time and talk about all this.
Almost feeling like things would be better if nobody was involved :p

Just let me know your thoughts and experiences !

hello everybody !
I am week 4 today and was wondering how soon did you contact your midwife team to get your first appt?
I’ve had a MMC at 11weeks last August and awkwardly feel like it won’t make much difference seeing a midwife this time and talk about all this.
Almost feeling like things would be better if nobody was involved :p

Just let me know your thoughts and experiences !
Hello!
I had a miscarriage in October and fell pregnant again straight away.
At my GP you have to put your name down in the midwifes book and wait for her to phone you. I put my name in pretty much as soon as I found out and I’ve already had my booking appointment and I’m 7+3. It was lovely to be seen so early to discuss worries etc but now it feels like ages until 12 week scan!

Hope this helps x

I left it a bit late I had a mc at 12 weeks in Feb so didn't really want to see anyone till I was ready. I called at 10 weeks had my appointment 2 days later then 4 days after I got my letter for the 12 week scan.
I had a private scan at 10 weeks which is why I finally called the midwife to get booked in.

I put my name down as soon as I found out and my booking appointment is for 27th dec and I’ll be 7+6 x

I saw my gp when I was 10 days late who then gave me the blue folder and told me to call the midwife to make an appointment. My booking in is on 21st when I will be 10 weeks. 12 week scan came through on 7th Jan.
Seems to vary when you see them by where you live but as long as you see them it doesn't matter really

I was offered my appointment when I would roughly be 8 weeks (Christmas Eve) but I’m on call at work that day so can’t get cover as had to change it and will be seeing mine at 9 weeks on 2nd Jan

I was just over 9 weeks when I had my first appointment. I’d called the docs when I was 4 weeks (found at at 3) and they advised they don’t have midwife appointments until the 8-9 week mark but I did make the call way in advance

I saw the original midwife at my GP at 4+5. She then made the referral for booking in which should have been Thursday but I had to rearrange till next week where I will be 8+5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back