Midwife booking appointment

Toria111

Reaction score
So it seems a lot of you have dates for your first midwife appointment. Did your drs book it? I miscarried at almost 11 weeks last month. And still hadn't heard a peep from a midwife. And this time around I had phone appointment with dr to advise him I'm pregnant again,and all he mentioned is booking a scan for me. Any ideas when I should see a midwife by? Don't want to miss anything.

I saw the midwife at 9 and a half weeks. I don't know if that is the norm or not as this is our first baby x

I see the midwife at about 9 weeks. I've had several mc but had a scan at 7 weeks to check all was ok x

I am seeing my midwife for the first time today and I'm nearly 12 weeks on Saturday xx

I've got an early scan on Friday and will be seeing midwife for the first time a week today xx

a lot of doctors now offer midwife appointments at 5-6 weeks and tend to do it at drop in clinics rather than appointments and they tend to be in the evening as well. Might be worth seeing if your local docs offer this?

Thanks ladies. Might just ring and speak to the receptionist at the drs. I've got 2 kids, but I was living in London, and things seem to be different out here in the country :)

I phoned up my doctor surgery to tell them, the receptionist asked me to come in and took a sample then I phoned a few days later she gave me results and asked me if I would like an appt with doctor or midwife as they have a clinic there one day a week. Went at 10 weeks xx

I just asked, and they said my name goes in their book and a midwife will contact me when I'm about 16 weeks! Seems a bit odd...

That can't be right! Where abouts are you? I went to docs and then filled out a form for receptionist to send to midwives. She also advised me to phone the midwives direct rather than wait for them. So that's what I did. Got my first appointment next week (I'll be 8 weeks) and I've had my first scan date through for the end of July.

They normally do bloods at 8/10 weeks and 14 weeks! So seeing a midwife at 16weeks seems weird. Have you got anymore doc appts

I saw the midwife today, a week after I saw my doc to say I'm pregnant! I think I'm about 6 weeks but the midwife has dated me at 8 weeks despite me haing long cycles just so I don't miss anything. The GP told me to go to reception to book with midwife - got to reception and she took details, midwife contacted me that same week to book appt

Last edited:
That can't be right! Where abouts are you? I went to docs and then filled out a form for receptionist to send to midwives. She also advised me to phone the midwives direct rather than wait for them. So that's what I did. Got my first appointment next week (I'll be 8 weeks) and I've had my first scan date through for the end of July.

They normally do bloods at 8/10 weeks and 14 weeks! So seeing a midwife at 16weeks seems weird. Have you got anymore doc appts

That's what I thought. I spoke to dr on Friday to advise I've had a positive test. And because I haven't had a period since miscarrying late last month, he is requesting a scan. Got to wait for a letter with that information, but after that I might go back to the GP's office.

I live in Farnham in Surrey.

I haven't heard anything this time but last time I had a booking appt at 11 weeks and scan due for 13 weeks (we never made it that far) x

Right I am confused now. When I had my son, I chose my hospital and they made appointment at hospital for booking in. I have had a referral done for my chosen hospital and I was just waiting for appointment with them. As far as I know my doctors surgery doesnt have midwives there, all widwife appointments seem to be at our local childrens centre. Is everyone else having their appointements at their doctors? x

Last edited:
Our midwives do appointments at the dr's surgery and at the local women's centre at our local hospital x

I haven't heard anything this time but last time I had a booking appt at 11 weeks and scan due for 13 weeks (we never made it that far) x

I miscarried last month at almost 11 weeks. They thought something was wrong from about 6 weeks, but thinking about it now I didn't hear a peep from a midwife in that time. And when I rang doctor on Friday, from his notes I was still continuing with the last pregnancy.

Right I am confused now. When I had my son, I chose my hospital and they made appointment at hospital for booking in. I have had a referral done for my chosen hospital and I was just waiting for appointment with them. As far as I know my doctors surgery doesnt have midwives there, all widwife appointments seem to be at our local childrens centre. Is everyone else having their appointements at their doctors? x

I haven't had any of my kids where I live now, so I'm really confused.

You need to contact the midwife attached to your surgery, the GP will not automatically tell her. She doesn't have a crystal ball and will need you to arrange a booking appt. Usually about 8 weeks, but check with your surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back