Midwife app-36w 4d! Engaged but back to back!

lrb

Reaction score
Grace is back to back and midwife says that's why I'm having so much back pain & not sleeping! She's told me she needs to move or labour will b lengthy & painful! She's told me basically to sit upright on a hard chair and have my legs open! Which is so hard with SPD! Any other advice on getting her moved??? Thanks x

My MW advised sitting on your birthing ball, and leaning forward. I wouldn't worry too much though hun, my baby has been engaged since 32 weeks, and had his back on the right hand side, and today at my 38 + 5 day appointment he's gone back to back. They can move right the way through. And if baby is still back to back during labour, upright positions and the birthing ball seems to be the best way to deal with it.

Hope that helps. xx

On all fours but on ur elbows (if that makes any sense!) also bouncing Encourages them to turn. Basically anything where the majority of ur weight is out front. My mw explained it as ur baby using bump as a hammock. U always lie on a hammock on ur back as that is where the majority of ur weight is. So if u spend more of ur time lying back, that is where babies back will be. If u spend more of ur time leaning forwards, baby should turn as it is more comfortable for them.

Hope that makes sense!!

I think so lol thank you!!! X

Yep I've been told all fours, chosen this as my birthing position too to stop him turning at the last minute xxxxxxxx

Don't worry too much, my mw informed me today, that Georgia was prob back to back judging by the spin she did at delivery (she wasn't engaged before my early labour stared), and I wouldn't say mine was exceptionally long or painful. Xxx

Grace is back to back and midwife says that's why I'm having so much back pain & not sleeping! She's told me she needs to move or labour will b lengthy & painful! She's told me basically to sit upright on a hard chair and have my legs open! Which is so hard with SPD! Any other advice on getting her moved??? Thanks x

dont listen hun :) my MW told me the same with my 2nd son that he was back to back and that labour would be very long and painful and to try and move him (this was the day before i was due) i panicked loads as i had problems 1st time around!!

anyway i went into labour that same nite, so no chance of baby moving first pain came in back at around 11.30 pm by 3.10 i woke OH as contractions were getting stonger, got to hosp at 4am baby was born at 5.46 am and i had no pain releif and coped fine!! so mine was quite a quik labour in comparison to what the mw had said about back to back babies :) they cant always assume back to back means slower longer and painful labour, mine wasnt

birthing position was on my knees leaning over the top part of the bed as it much easier to bring him round the bend "they said" doing it that way xxxx

Thanks l Maclean! :)

Lyndsey that's a nice quick labour, the way the midwife made it sound to me was I was probs gonna have like a four day labour!!!
Thank you for your reply, not so nervous about it now :) x

Last edited:
She could still turn, my lo was right way until I was in early labour so they can turn at anytime. I gave birth back to back on just gas and air. It was a quick labour for a first child never mind back to back I spent 4 hours from going into established labour until he was born. I wouldn't worry too much.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Are babies more likely to need a bit of oxygen coming face up? Like from shock? X

I don't know but in sure someone will. My lo was fine and handed straight to me.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

my little one was fine hun, handed straight to me and never left my side til over an hour an half later, when he was weighed and i had shower!! he was just interested in sucking his fist :) xx

I gave birth to Noah back to back and it wasn't particularly overly painful. No more then normal labour would be I assume. Then again I had him early so he was quite small!

Hope your LO behaves and turns!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back