Midwife and sicknotes

Discussion in 'Home Life & Finances' started by Kitten_sox, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Kitten_sox

Kitten_sox Well-Known Member

Can a midwife give you a sicknote or does it have to be your GP? I am seeing my midwife on tues then my Dr on Friday because I cannot return to work as I am too tired and stressed and they are making my life SO difficult.
    Obviously if my midwife can sign me off work I can cancel my Docs appointment.
    Thanks xx

2. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

I thought it was GP's only can sign sicknotes.

3. Kitten_sox

Kitten_sox Well-Known Member

Ok Thanks.
    I'll ask anyway and maybe she'll get my Dr to sign it for me while i'm there, as his office is just next door!
    xx

4. Tiggy26

Tiggy26 Well-Known Member

Only GPS's can write you a sick note. The Midwife can however write a note on your file explaining that she feels you should be off work. Explaine to her what is wrong and then she will write her concerns and if she agrees you should be off work and then your doctor can see her notes on your file via his/her computer.

My midwife said to me that no doctor will challenge a midwife is she thinks you should be off work.

5. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

Psst Kitten_sox, your footer images are a bit messed up code wise and therefore not showing up and also seeing lots of code that doesn't need to be there, above your ticker.

You just need img tags either end of this url, don't forget the / to close it though, otherwise it won't show up

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee17 ... elloKi.gif

Hope that helps :)

Good luck with the doc and sicknote :)