Middle names to go with Elsie??

jenni16

Reaction score
So OH and I have decided that we both really like Elsie as a possible name for our girl. We've still got 15 weeks to go, so chances are we'll probably change our minds another 5 times by then lol.

But we're struggling on middle names to go with it :-/

I liked the idea of Iris or Beau as a middle name as they both mean rainbow, and she is going to be our rainbow baby :) I quite like Elsie Beau, but I can't work out if it sounds really cute, or just weird and a bit too much?!

Any suggestions? Xxx

Elsie beau is really sweet. Elsie Iris sounds more like a rock star name haha. But Elsie Beau definitely has more of a ring to it.

Elsie beau is really sweet. Elsie Iris sounds more like a rock star name haha. But Elsie Beau definitely has more of a ring to it.

Haha I quite like the idea of a little baby rock star

Elsie Iris doesn't sound right to me. Elsie Beau flows nicer.

I was half asleep when I wrote the original post lol. It was meant to say that Iris and Beau are both names I like, but I don't think either really 'go' with Elsie, maybe Beau but in not too sure. I was hoping someone may have some other suggestions? Xx

Elsie Beau sounds good but i dont think Elsie Iris goes. How about:
Elsie Mae
Elsie Rae
Elsie Rose
Elsie Jade
Elsie Louise
Elsie Faye / Faith
Elsie Hope (apt if she's your rainbow baby)
Xx

Last edited:
Elsie Beau sounds good but i dont think Elsie Iris goes. How about:
Elsie Mae
Elsie Rae
Elsie Rose
Elsie Jade
Elsie Louise
Elsie Faye / Faith
Elsie Hope (apt if she's your rainbow baby)
Xx

My little sister wants Mae as that's her middle name lol.
I like Elsie Rose too :)
Xx

Oh but then her initials would be ERH :-/ xx

I always thought Beau was French for handsome and more of a boys name? I do know of people who have female Beaus though
Elsie Rae is lovely , Rose and Grace I like too x

Some lovely ideas for us to discuss :) thank you!

I love the sound of Elsie Rose, but the initials being ERH put me off slightly :-/

Xx

Had a chat with my OH last night and he's keen on Elsie Rose. I love it, but I'm just not sure about the initials thing. But I guess then how often will the initials really be used for it to be an issue? Our sons initials are OSH which OH always jokes around with and says 'oooosh' (think Keith Lemon......') so I know whatever we go with, he'll find something funny with it

Elsie Rose is cute and I think initials are not really important, I didn't think about the initials when I choose my son's name!

My second language is French and it's true what someone already said. Beau is the French masculine word for beautiful. That being said, I do like the sound of Elsie Beau!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back