Middle Name?

DiddlePlumbs

Reaction score
My partner was never given a middle name by his parents, so when it came to us choosing names he said he didn't overly want to give our child a middle name. However, when we chose our girls name of Grace we decided that Grace Pike felt too short and decided on Grace Jennifer Pike. If we have a boy, we really like the name Nathan and we were thinking of just leaving it as Nathan Pike.

I'm just curious as to whether anyone else is choosing not to have a middle name for their child? Is it too unusual not to have one?

Both my lbs have a middle name as do me and my partner...... so for us it was a case of we wanted the to have middle names and their middle names are family names (james and alexander). I have a friend who has no middle name and she REALLY wanted and still does want one. .... I think its just personal choice. Id say if your a bit 'muh' about it but your oh has a stronger opinion then go with that..... id rather my lbs be named something we were passionate about than two muhs if you see what I mean.

Eg with ds2 we couldnt find a name we both loved. Oh LOVED gregory and so hes called gregory....x

I don't think it's unusual, it's all down to personal choice.

My three brothers all have middle names but I don't and I was jealous, so my son has one, he's Caleb Samuel. Mine and OH's dad are Sam and Mel so we kind of put them together for that. Otherwise we would have either used our second choice name for him (Sebastian) or he wouldn't have had one... I think middle names are pointless unless you love the name or it has meaning.

OHs last name short so I wanted a middle name for Caleb, but as I said, all down to preference...

Whichever way you fancy , you dont have to have middle names but whatever you decide do the same for all your kuds/ future kuds so its fair. I see it as an excuse to be able to pick reo lively names each for my kids and not be limited to one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back