Mice eeeek!

Elliellie

Reaction score
I'm not happy, I got home from work today & my cat was on my kitchen worktop. This never happens, I have never seen her up there before. She seemed obsessed with something behind the microwave so I pulled the microwave forward & there were mouse droppings behind :( We also found some in a cupboard & the cat is sniffing around corners & acting weird. I've spent the whole weekend nesting too & did loads of cleaning so this really is upsetting my nesting instinct. My OH has now disinfected all round the kitchen but I'm all worried. Obviously we're going to have to take action so if anyone has any tips let me know... Also, does anyone know if mice can be dangerous to pregnant women or small babies?

Not sure if they can but there droppings and stuff will be I guess? Best get a pest controller out, he'll put some poison down and stuff. My dad's a pest controller so I could ask him whats the best plan of action if you dont want the call out of someone?

xx

not sure how u feel about mouse traps with your cat in the house but we get mice all the time back home cos of where i live and the best thing to get them n the trpas is a tiney bit of bread soaked in olive oil :) dont think they any more dangerous than the cat poo but you defo want rid they multiply so fast

ive just caught the one from my kitchen, they try to come in every winter when it gets real cold. if theres no food round you can either wait for them to leave again or you can trap them. i dont like poison cos they crawl away to die and can end up stinking up the place from god knows where little cracks or hidey holes. i had humane traps that just shut them in then ya can take them far away from the house or flush them down the loo lol

Know I'm not in tri 3 yet, but saw this post. We live in the middle of nowhere so mice are around in the fields. We have had a couple in under the kitchen cupboard before. We just keep a couple of mouse traps with a bit of peanut butter on them (they love it apparently and it seems to work) under and check them regularly esp during winter times and harvest times. We did find a small hole ans have now put some expanding foam in to try prevent any getting in xx

We have problems with mice due to our dirty ex next door neighbours.
If its just a stray get some poison or a trap down before it has a chance to breed! Mice are worst for doing this January February.
My mum works for a company setting up businesses so that advice is from a man who works in pest control.
He told us poison eaten by bigger animals (cats and dogs) needs to be large amounts compared to what we give mice so shouldn't do harm but obviously some people don't want to take a risk anyway.
Their droppings and urine can also be dangerous if consumed so cleanliness is key but no matter how clean you are it won't stop them doing their stuff :roll:

If they breed it can take up to 6 months to get rid.
It may just be a stray with the time of year so fingers crossed it gets sorted asap xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back