Mia Sophie :)

smokey08

Reaction score
so i thought i might write my birth story while i have 5 minutes.

baby Mia was born into the world at 17.57 on 8/1/12

I woke up at around quarter to 4 in the morning with very mild back cramping so i got up and went to the loo. OH woke up and we came downstairs to have a cuppa when all of a sudden i felt a gush of water so there was no doubt in my mind what it was!
i rang the hospital who told me to come in....i arrived there at around 7am and pains were starting to get worse....I was examined at around 11am and was told i was only 2cm dialated but was taken to ward to get some rest.

within the hour pains really started to get unbearable and i was struggeling to breath through them....told OH i was calling a nurse for pain relief but he said i was wasting my time as the nurse said i was no-where near giving birth.....I called her anyway and after a quick examination i was told i was 7cm and was being taken to the delivery ward :shock:

got gas and air when i arrived on delivary ward and shortly after decided i wanted an epidural so got that too...apparently i kept telling the doctor who put in in that he was a lovely man :rofl:

i began pushing at 4.55 and had a small bit of difficulty so i had to have an episotomy (which wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, but feeling it now) and baby Mia was delivered at 5.57 weighing 7lb 2oz!
she cried instantly, she is the most beautiful thing in the world and we absolutely adore her. She is our world..

would i have another baby??? definatly, the pain was bad but the outcome was fantastic, will definatly be giving her a brother or sister in the future. xxxx

these are the first 2 pics that were taken after she was born :love:

Attachments

• GEDC1658.jpg
    GEDC1658.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 56
  • GEDC1660.JPG
    GEDC1660.JPG
    499.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Congratulations - you did so well! She is beautiful x

awwww she is lovely...

how was getting the epidural needle thing.....thats the bit that worries me...i like the idea of an epidural but am so scared i will flinch when they put the needle in...lol xx

Congratulations x beautiful name for a beautiful girl xxx

awwww she is lovely...

how was getting the epidural needle thing.....thats the bit that worries me...i like the idea of an epidural but am so scared i will flinch when they put the needle in...lol xx

Youd be surprised! They are amazing at doing It!

She's beautiful!

awwww she is lovely...

I didn't feel a thing getting it done, it shocked me coz I thought it would be agony.
The doctors are amazing at doing it, and suck your gas and air..you'll be fine.
Having an epidural wasn't planned for me, but am thrilled i got it coz I wouldnt have coped for much longer. Xx

was she worth it all though? :) i remember how scared you were before...just like me..lol x

was she worth it all though? :) i remember how scared you were before...just like me..lol x

Oh she is worth every single contraction and more. Don't worry hun, I think we make it out to be worse in our heads when we don't know what to expect.
I would go through it 100 times more...you do forget all the pain.
You will be amazing huni..you won't even think about it, your body does all the work. Xx

Oh she is worth every single contraction and more. Don't worry hun, I think we make it out to be worse in our heads when we don't know what to expect.
I would go through it 100 times more...you do forget all the pain.
You will be amazing huni..you won't even think about it, your body does all the work. Xx

:) now the hard work really starts for you huh? xx

She is gorgeous & I love her name :love: congrats x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back