Mia Joy Price - 5lb 6oz - born 17:22pm 31st March 2015

emmalouise_xx

Reaction score
Finally getting around to typing up my Birth announcement :D

Well what an enterance to the world Mia had.
It all started with just a growth scan and consultant appointment on the 30th March at 36 weeks. Mia had stopped growing at 34 weeks and my blood pressure was through the roof again after multiple visits to maternity triage with blood pressure problems and one very bad visit where i got rushed in from having blurred vision and a very bad headache to the point where i couldn't move or function properly they thought it would be best to admit me and induce me the following morning.

They had managed to get my blood pressure down to a managable number thanks to labetalol.
Next morning the midwife came round done all the checks placed me on the monitor and Mia decided to be a pain in the butt and keep moving and kicking the probe thingy away and kept setting the machine off bleeping and getting the midwives running in and out trying to find it again.
Was given the gel at 9:30am started to get tightening 20 mins later manageable and was able to walk around and act all normal they were coming very close together and very strong come 5 oclock that afternoon, checked and told i wasnt no where near 5cm or anything, had to call midwife back at 10 past told them it felt like i had to push she had to get the senior midwife around to talk to us oh told them i always progress pretty quickly when my contractions get closer together so the senior midwife checked me and said bloody hell you do ur 5 maybe 6cm already and we only checked you 10 mins ago. off we went to the delivery room, within 10 mins of being there i was on the bed pushing her out they didn't believe me that i had to push and didnt have time to get everything ready in time for her to come out, my waters broke just before i pushed her head out :)
we had to spend about a week in hospital as my blood pressure had to be managed properly and Mia couldnt keep her blood sugar up for the first 3 days and had to go on a heated matress. she came out crying weighing in at 5lb 6oz :D

Attachments

• Mia.jpg
    Mia.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 62
beautiful baby girl! congratulations.....glad you were monitored so well.

Shes beautiful EmmaLouise congratulations again x

Congratulations, i had my daughter at 37 weeks as shed stopped growing too

You have two of each now ! Congrats again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27