Metformin for PCOS!

Discussion in 'Long Term TTC & Fertility Issues' started by Amyr123, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Amyr123

Amyr123 Member

Hi everyone,

So DH and I have decided to try for baby number 2! As I have PCOS DD3 was a clomid baby and I had an awful time with HG and PND, but we feel it's time to try again :)

I am taking 1700mg metformin a day an I have had my first period without hormone help in 10 years so I know that's got to be a good sign!!

I am just wondering if anyone has got a BFP just using metformin? My consultant wanted to try this first before clomid, even though at the start he said I wouldn't conceive without clomid!

So I'm on Cd14 today and got all negative OPKs and I'm also charting BBT and no sign of O yet! I guess I'm just looking for success stories and wether it is worth carrying on this month if I do still need the clomid!

Thank you for reading X

2. snowbee

snowbee Well-Known Member

I've only taken it alongside clomid but wanted to say good luck! If it is giving you a natural cycle then you are in with a chance :)

3. phonixgirl

phonixgirl Well-Known Member

Hi, sorry I'm still trying, but my cycles are a lot better on metformin and I wanted to wish you luck xx

4. Amyr123

Amyr123 Member

Thank you both! It's just nice to have people in the same boat! :) x