Metal taste - spotting

Bambi42

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Question for the ladies who have same spotting in luteal phase problem as me. Do you ever get the metal taste in your mouth / bleeding gums? Can it be caused by a hormone imbalance as well as pregnancy?

I’ve only ever had it before when I had chemical pregnancies. I’m day 25 of 30 day cycle, usual spotting but had sharp cramps in my abdomen and the overpowering metal taste. Not getting my hopes up but well, here’s hoping we’re in luck at last.

I don’t have the cold so it’s not a nasal thing causing the metal taste.

Any thoughts? Xx

I don’t have much advice for you but I didn’t want to read and run, I am praying these symptoms end up giving you a :bfp: you deserve this so much <3 :dust: xx

Same lovely... 5 days before af we are hoping and praying and willingly the tiniest symptom to be a pregnancy one. But it might just be this time !!!! Fingers and toes crossed this is your long awaited bfp.

J xxx

Same lovely... 5 days before af we are hoping and praying and willingly the tiniest symptom to be a pregnancy one. But it might just be this time !!!! Fingers and toes crossed this is your long awaited bfp.

J xxx
Thanks @Jezby Did you ever get the metal taste with the spotting? How are getting on with the injections? Have you forgotten what you’re saying mid sentence yet or was that just me? My brain went more foggy than normal on ivf xx

So I think I must just be getting a bug as now I’ve got a stye in my eye and came home from a gig early last night as felt so pukey.

The good news is my GP has referred me to the NHS gynaecology clinic for tests, she thinks they might pick up something the ivf clinic missed. I’m a bit confused by that as surely if there was something on my ovaries / womb they’d have found it by now but I’m happy that after 18 months of asking about the spotting I’m finally being heard instead of dismissed. No idea how long the waiting list is but at least I’m on it. Will keep you posted, my money is on it being low progesterone.

Happy weekend girlies xx

Thanks @Jezby Did you ever get the metal taste with the spotting? How are getting on with the injections? Have you forgotten what you’re saying mid sentence yet or was that just me? My brain went more foggy than normal on ivf xx
I had it once but then I was sucking on a spoon after eating ice cream so probably why :D:D in all seriousness no I didn’t .... when are you due can you test yet??

I’m struggling with the Menopur injections. They really hurt and sting like hell. Other than that it’s all good. I’m trying to not let it rule my head or life too much this time. I’m taking my supplements, cut down my caffeine to 1 coffee in the morning. I haven’t had any alcohol for a while but we are out tonight so I might indulge in a glass or wine or 2. The emotional stress is too much especially as it’s our last cycle. So I’m gonna just carry on and see what happens ....

J xx

I had it once but then I was sucking on a spoon after eating ice cream so probably why :D:D in all seriousness no I didn’t .... when are you due can you test yet??

I’m struggling with the Menopur injections. They really hurt and sting like hell. Other than that it’s all good. I’m trying to not let it rule my head or life too much this time. I’m taking my supplements, cut down my caffeine to 1 coffee in the morning. I haven’t had any alcohol for a while but we are out tonight so I might indulge in a glass or wine or 2. The emotional stress is too much especially as it’s our last cycle. So I’m gonna just carry on and see what happens ....

J xx

I won’t test until my periods late so another 3 days to go.

I used to reward myself with a piece of chocolate after the injection for being such a brave girl . My consultant said to carry on as normal and a glass of wine is fine so you enjoy your night out lady. Try a meditation app too, I found that helped me stay calm xx

Hey no Iv never experienced this but I’m so glad they are listening to you and referring you. Spotting is one of those things that, in my opinion doesn’t get enough attention.

I won’t test until my periods late so another 3 days to go.

I used to reward myself with a piece of chocolate after the injection for being such a brave girl . My consultant said to carry on as normal and a glass of wine is fine so you enjoy your night out lady. Try a meditation app too, I found that helped me stay calm xx

Might’ve been more than a glass of wine.... oh dear. Wasn’t feeling too happy with myself on Sunday morning, silly girl. It just felt nice to be out & not be thinking about baby stuff for once. Let’s hope I didn’t Jess this up...

I’m sure it did you the world of good to be out having a fab time and being ‘normal’.
Any side effects of the drugs yet? I had to buy bigger trousers by week 2 of injections.

AF turned up for me this morning. I’m away with work during my fertile time this month, probably do me good to have a month off. I’m catching up with old pals when I’m away too so a few drinks for me too!

Xx

Hey no Iv never experienced this but I’m so glad they are listening to you and referring you. Spotting is one of those things that, in my opinion doesn’t get enough attention.

Thanks @liz85 do you spotting problem too? Drives me nuts!

Sorry AF arrived for you @Bambi42 :( xx
Thanks. I know one day it’s going to be our turn. My other half was cutting the grass yesterday and I was imagining he was pushing a pram not a lawnmower I know we’ll get there somehow. X

Thanks. I know one day it’s going to be our turn. My other half was cutting the grass yesterday and I was imagining he was pushing a pram not a lawnmower I know we’ll get there somehow. X

You will get there I’m sure! It’s so cruel that some of us have to wait so long but your time is coming xx

Aw sorry lovely that AF showed I know we never want it to arrive and it’s always such a cruel blow when she does. Sounds like a month of us a great idea!!

I’ve rather hijacked your thread babe so I’ve updated on my actual thread but no, no side effects really. Just a bit tender xx

You hijack away chick. Good you’ve no side effects xx

Thanks @liz85 do you spotting problem too? Drives me nuts!
Yes had it for years. Some months longer than others. Drives me crazy. I always thought when the docs told me it was normal where does it come from though?? Has to come from Some where.

Yes had it for years. Some months longer than others. Drives me crazy. I always thought when the docs told me it was normal where does it come from though?? Has to come from Some where.

It only started for me after my first chemical. When I get my hospital appointment if I get a diagnosis I’ll let you know. Xx

It only started for me after my first chemical. When I get my hospital appointment if I get a diagnosis I’ll let you know. Xx
Yes do I’m always interested why we spot each month. No one can ever tell you the reason for it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back