Messy situation

ASD123456

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here. Found out I was pregnat two weeks ago. Although it was a massive shock, I am now coming to terms with it and feeling quite excited.

My story goes like this. Me and the father were together last year for a while and the broke up at christmas because he was moving away with work this year (not the other side of the counrty, another country). Well we have been seeing one another ever since. He moved away two days after I found out I was pregnant. I had to break the news to him which was so difficult at it was and still is his dream to do this. I feel terrible that he'll probably now have to cut this short although he was only intending on going for a year.

We went to the docs just before he left, a private one as I couldn't get in with mine in time. They told me it was either an ectopic, miscarriage or early. Well he left worried. Found out the following week I was just to early to see anything on an U/S.

He had been so supportive when something had been wrong but since he's found out it's probably going to be a healthy pregnancy he haas been unsupportive. I know it is probably a shock for him (he wanted me to get rid of it) but I am really struggling with him not being on my side. I can't plan for the future with him not discussing what is going to happen. It just all seems like such a mess and I'm scared of doing this on my own.

Thanks for listening, theres not many people you can vent to this early on.

A x

hello there.. firstly congrats on your BFP and wishing you a healthy 9 mths. :hug: sort of know how you feel on the man front.. when we found out i was pregnant my OH was not happy he told me he did not want the baby. we argued and he was going to leave but we said we'd try he was really shocked at the time so sort of left him to get on with it... anyhow thing were going ok arguing a bit but everyone does well yesterday he did leave and took all his stuff... so he's gone and now i'm on my own :( i really didn't want to be in this position and like you i'm scared of doing it alone... but if they cannot support us and be there for us thro the good and the bad aren't we better being on our own?? we need to look after ourselves at mo put us and our LO first. I'd just leave him alone for moment let the news sink in and take everyday as it comes looking after you hopefully he'll come round :hug:

Hey, thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to hear about your OH, bloody men!

It amazes me how grown men can turn into spoilt children as soon as they find out theres a baby on the way. You have to try and leave them to it , but it's hard and frustrating. You want them to see and feel things like you do. So many people have told me it will take until there is an actual baby for this to happen but that is a long time away and also ages to go without support.

I don't doubt we'll all be fine though and be excellent mothers to out babies!

A x

Some guys never learned to take responsibility. They just stay boys. Sorry to hear about your situation.

Hi!

I'm new to the forum too, I found out 2 weeks ago that I was pregnant and my situation is similar (especially on the feelings front)..

..My boyfriend told me this evening that he can't do this and doesn't want any part of the child's life. He has completed left me stranded after putting on a fantastic front of "proud father to be" these past 2 weeks. He even proposed to me Christmas day!!

I'm scared to do this on my own too. I'm 20 (only just) and it's a scary thought that I'll receive absolutely no help what so ever. Even if not financial, it's the emotional support me and baby will need!

That's why I've joined the forum, and if I receive a fraction of the support I really need, I'll feel a lot better.

I hope everything works out for you.

We're not the first single mum's and we're definitely not the last. I'm trying to have comfort in the thought that at least my baby will have people in it's life who truly believe in us and what we can achieve as a duo :eek:)

Passing lovely thoughts your way! xx

Hope everything worked out fine for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back