Message for Anna Marie

s

Reaction score
Good luck tomorrow hun.
Will be thinking of you.
S

I've just come on to do exactly the same message!!!

Good luck Anna Marie. You can get yourself off to the second trimester later!!!

Good Luck Anna Marie!!!

Thinking of you today! :D

Thanks everyone so much...

I am a nervous wreck to be honest.. after all the scans I have had so far this one seems to be the scariest not just because I am just past 12 weeks but cos of the NT test... off to the hospital at 1... trying to keep myself busy at work till then but cannot concentrate :cry:

Hopefully it will be good news and I will have another pic of Bod to post up for you all.

Thanks again, will post this evening.

xxxxxxx

anne marie - there is no hopefully about it... IT WILL BE OKAY! come back on asap and let us know how you got on... and show us how much little bod has grown...

god luck - (not that you need it)

x

Hey Anna- Marie ...

Good luck with your scan ... im sure everything is going to be fine!!!

All the best hun...

Imogen
xxx

Anna Marie
I'm dying to hear your news. I logged on as soon as I got home this evening!
S
XXXX

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to keep you waiting S :wink: I was so exhausted mentally and physically last night I just went straight to bed. We were at the hospital all afternoon - they scanned me 3 times in an attempt to get the measurements for the NT test but Bod would not move, they tried internal scan, external, me on my side, made me eat chocolate to get Bod to move.. all in vain!! Aparently I have a retroverted uterus so Bod is lying very low down and even though we could see everything they just could not get a good image to measure from.

I could have sat there all day just watching Bod.. we saw him take a gulp of water, we saw him turn and face us, then turn away, he bounced around and even turned completely round .. it was amazing!!!!

Anyway 3rd time lucky and they managed to get a measurement.. the actual nuchal was only 1.4mm but my age increases the risk quite drastically and the end result was assessed as a 1 in 796 chance of downs. We are really relieved with this result, I was expecting much worse!

And here are some pics of little Bod.. they are so clear cos these were done with internal scan...

Thanks for all your well wishes.. we are very pleased that it is all over and little Bod is OK so far!! Oh yeah and heartrate is 148....

AlienBod12wks.jpg

Bean12weeks.jpg
[/img]

Blimey Anna Marie, you've took your time coming on to give us the good news!!! I've been checking every 5 minutes!!! I can totally understand why though if you were stuck at the hospital all afternoon.

So pleased you had such good news, and that you got some good looks at Bod.

Are you going to finally start relaxing now??? :D

Everything is going great, Bod is fine, and you should hopefully now be able to enjoy the next 6 months.
xxx

Thanks Tankett :)

Yes I did feel very happy yesterday - big smile on my face just watching Bod on the screen.. OH spent most of night on internet researching prams etc.. he had been dying to do it for ages but I only said he could after yesterday [another reason I could not get on PC to let you all know!!] he will be researching stuff for the next few months.. bless him!

Not sure when [if] I will start to relax about it all but maybe in time I will just ease into it gradually!!

When is your first scan??

I've been checking in aswell to see how you've gone on.
Glad to hear your news on the nt results, that's really good.
I hope now you can sigh a breath of relief and get on with enjoying your pregnancy! :D
Your pics are great, I can wait until my scan, and seeing it move around (hopefully!). Not long to go now....17th Feb! I'm so excited!

Take care

Sam xxx

Sam.. not long for you either.. Tankett's scan next week and yours the week after.. the pics don't give justice to the image you see on the screen itself.. truly amazing to see so much. The internal scan is so much clearer.. hence being able to see Bod's skull and brain!!!!! We saw all his skeletal bones in spine, legs and even toes.. it was incredible!! They said Bod has rather long legs already but not surprising as I am 5'9 and OH is over 6'...

Even though looking at all that I still cannot believe Bod is inside me.. maybe thats why I haven't really become too excited or relaxed yet.. still in denial a bit. Although my bulging belly and bum are rather indicative of something growing in there!!!!

So.. in a good mood today.. don't want to do any work.. just want to chat to you lot!!!
xxxxx

Chat away!!! I can't see me getting much work done today either so feel free to bug me!!

I just can't wait until my scan so I can start buying proper, and organising things like prams!!!!

So what's next for you?

LOL.. yeah I have booked my mum's time for Sat morning to go maternity trouser shopping.. next and mothercare first I think thanks to all your recommendations!

I think I am entering the Limbo phase.. have next midwife appointment and hospital booking in appointment on 15th Feb.. don't think I will have any more scans until 20 weeks.. god thats 8 weeks away.. not sure how I will cope!!!

I asked the sonographer about the doppler etc and she said that due to my retroverted uterus and Bod lying so low it is unlikely I will hear the heartbeat until 15 / 16 weeks :cry: :cry:

So.. I have to try and relax and hope that the next 8 weeks go quickly!! I have told my boss but I need to put it in writing.. after he was such a sh*t after my m/c I don't trust him.. have you done that yet? I need to read up on my rights properly so I am fully armed when my boss discusses it.. no doubt he will try and get one over on me :evil:

So are you excited about your scan.. at least you will know what to expect after hearing about my little Bod's weekly progress!! Will you be thrilled if it is twins or petrified? Or both! :eek: :lol:

Oh yeah and I am with you on the baked beans thing.. I cannot get enough of them at mo but last week couldn't face them at all.. and I shop every day as I can never decide what to eat until I am home.. and even then I change my mind 3 times. OH despairs of me at the moment.. :wink:

Shopping, yeh!! You'll notice a difference in how you look in maternity clothes. It sounds like we are very similar in build, 5'9, size 12 and currently feel like we have a trunk where our waists were!!!! But in maternity trousers, there is a definite bump, and I feel pregnant not fat! :lol:

You'll cope with the gap in having another scan because you know that they wouldn't let you go that long if they weren't sure that you and Bod will be okay! I know that it is really difficult (especially with your history), but try and take this time to relax and actually enjoy being pregnant. You won't have the stressful weekends any more worrying about your Monday scans. Hey - are you okay for a little bit of 'intimacy' with OH now that you are past 12 weeks??! :oops: That could take your mind off things a bit!!! :lol:

I had to tell my boss and HR department at 5 weeks due to the job I do. They have been great in most ways, but a little annoying in others. I've got a thread going in the Working Whilst Pregnant bit which explains a bit more. You be careful, and make sure you get everything in writing just in case he tries it again.

I am really excited about my scan. I'm convinced it's not twins and I'm just carrying loads of extra weight already. It is just my MW, MIL, SIL, DH, daughter, and landlady of the local who are convinced it is twins!! :shock: I think you've put it in a nutshell, I'll be both thrilled and also petrified if it is!!

I'm now off to the canteen for lunch. Jacket potato with cheese and guess what??? Yep, beans!!!! :lol: :lol:

:lol:

mmm just had jacket with chilli [bl**dy freezing outside eh?] and bit of salad and huge dollop of mayo.. now I really need a nap.

I will be so excited for you [and scared too!] if it is twins.. wow.. how cool it would be but what a bump you would have soon!!!!!!
ARe you still feeling very nauseaus??

My symptoms have really eased up.. feeling normal again and can actually stay awake past the watershed to watch interesting stuff on TV although I sleep so badly due to peeing 10 times per night!

Cannot wait to feel like I have a bump instead of a pot belly!!

enjoy your lunch!
x

Lunch was yummy!! I had an extra scoop of beans as well so I also now need a nap!!!

I am still feeling nauseaus. :( This morning it was from about 6.30 till about 9.45 ish. Food doesn't seem to help anymore, but I can finally stomach a glass of milk in the mornings which does help a little. It seems to go completely for a few days, then come back with a vengeance!

So pleased to hear that your symptoms are easing up. I can't wait until I feel a bit more awake. I could sleep stood up at the minute. And last night was the 3rd night that my daughter had to wake me up on the sofa to tell me she was going to bed at 9pm. :oops: Not being a very good mother at the minute. :( She was trying to talk to me last night about her homework, but my brain just wasn't working and she realised that I was just staring at her blankly! Luckily, she is old enough to realise why I am like this, and she is being very understanding. My hat goes off to those women who are pregnant while also looking after little ones! :shock:

Hi

Theres a lot of chating going on in herer!

Glad your scan went well Anne Marie - must be such a relieve... I know from my 12 week scan - i've relaxed soooo much!!! even started baby shopping! I had nothing up until then.. wouldn't dare buy a thing! I go for downs and spina tests this monday 6th. As far as i know it's a blood test. I wasn't listening too much to the MD as i'd just had my scan and my eyes where fixed on little chicks piccy... Do you think i'll get to see little chick again this monday? My next scan booked is the 20 week one which is 14th March. Anyway... i'm so glad everthing went well for you.

Tankett and Sam your scan's aren't that far off... are you looking forward to seeing your little beans??? stupid question really! Tankett - have you sort of set it in your mind there could be 2 beans? it's so exciting!

I've been maturnity wear shopping too! i had to... my skinny jeans don't look too attractive with bulges!!! i know what you both mean about looking different! i feel slimmer in maturnity pants! bought a nice pair of jeans with rib wb from Topshop... got a pair of combats from H&M - their maturnity pants fit lovely! very generous sizes thou! Ordered a few tops from Blooming marvelous - i think the shop is called. We don't have one in Liverpool so ordered from the cat! waiting for them to come.. Got a few Tee's from mothercare! at last a long length tee... all my pre pregnancy tops just meet my wb (waistband).

I've been weighing myself weekly and makng a note! need to know exactly what i've got to loose once chick is born! up to now! i'be put 5lb on... don't know if i'm gaining weight at a standard speed or too fast... shoud start another topic!!!! i'm in my 15th week..

I haven't been able to hear anything on my doppler either Anne Marie - also little chick wouldn't move when i went for my 12 week scan. I wounder if i'm the same as you... the mD pressed quite hard on my stomach trying to get chick to budge but no!!! he/she just kept wavying and hiding his/her eyes....

Do any of you have a preference to the sex? I'd like a little girl but 10 toes, 10 fingers and a nose would be great! DH has 3 sons so he'd also like to know what it's like to have a little princess...

Chat again soon.

x

Yeah my brother's wife had 2 under 2.. they are now 3 and 18 months and boy they are a handful. During pregnancy with the youngest she was very ill but fortunately they are fairly well off and my brother runs his company so took alot of time to help her out.. and my parents live 5 miles away so helped out a lot.. but I just could not cope at all!

I still have my queasy moments when hungry and apetite all over the place - it does ease up but to be honest I have been so lucky.. never had a reason to moan about nausea at all.. but then I have been eating every hour since I found out 2 months ago!!

good for you with the milk.. I have a pint of cold when I wake up.. I love it now!!

Your daughter sounds a gem... she will love having a young'un [or 2] around soon no doubt too!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back