Merry Christmas!!!!!

Lindsay

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone. I hope that you have a fantastic time and that Santa is good to you all! :D :D :D :D

Xxx

merry christmas lindsay hun sorry not been on much been finding xmas a bit hard this year being on my own and pregnant me and son had a lovely time and we both had lots of nice pressies off santa been keeping pretty well although my sciatica has kicked in real bad so will be seeing doctor after new year midwife said if my sciatica kicked in while pregnant it wouldnt ease off till after ive given birth and as cant take usual pain killers as they cause deformities in unborn babies i would have to have regular physio throughout pregnancy so will be making an appointment soon as i already have a job to get out of bed and to walk without limping finding work really difficult too at the moment am on the countdown now
13 weeks to go before my maternity leave starts and with holidays etc i will be off for a total of 31 weeks :D ooh roll on the next 13 weeks

hope you are well and have had a lovely christmas xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Rach

Glad you are back, was worried about you! I am sorry that you have been finding things hard, never forget that we are always here for you!

I had a lovely day yesterday thanks, can't believe that it's all over. I had a terrible back ache yesterday, was really struggling to walk my dad said that it was the way baby was lying, it seems fine today, fingers crossed!! I have been feeling my little bean - it's like a bubble feeling, I love it!!! I hope that the physio sorts out your sciatica (sp?) for you.

I am hitting the sales today with my sis, hope to get some bargains!!!!

I don't know when I am going to take mat leave from, I would like to work as close to the birth as possible. Wonder if I will be able to work until I am 37/38 weeks or will it be getting too hard by then?? 13 weeks isn't long at all, gosh it doesn't seem long when you say it like that, I have just got a really big exciting feeling inside :) :) :)

Xxx

hi lindsay glad u had a good day yesterday :D sorry your back was bad too the way mine is at the moment i cant even see me lasting another 13 weeks i think u can start maternity leave from 11 weeks before your due i could be wrong though lol ive not looked at it properly yet i was going to try and work as long as possible but am finding it so hard already i really dont know how other ladies manage although i worked till 8 and half months on my son guess im just getting old and cant do it anymore :( i only work 4 hours at a time 4 days a week in a shop in town but the standing is killing me by time i get home my ankles have swollen right up my back is killing me and im exhausted oh well enough moaning lol sorry hun am a right whinger today xxxx

so what u got planned for new year are you going out? have you bought something nice to wear? xxxxxxxx

Morning Rach

My back was lots better yesterday so it must have been the way the baby was lying :) I hope that you are feeling a bit better too.

DH went out last night, I dropped him off in town, he's struggling today and spent £90 so I am delighted that I am feeling human and not skint, lol!!!!!

Can you remember the black maternity dress that I bought for my gramps' funeral?? I tried it on again yesterday and it looks class - can totally see my bump (whohoo!!!!!) so am going to wear that on New Years Eve. We just go to the local pub. It's all ticket so doesn't get overly busy and my family go too so it's a great night. I will be the taxi driver this year :wink: Have you got any plans or will you be staying in the warm playing games with your son? :D

It's snowing here today so it ooks really christmasy - I love it!!!! :D

Xxx

hi lindsay glad your back is better mine not too bad today thanks hun xxx
not sure what to do new year yet have got a ticket for local social club just in case i want to go but am keeping options open at moment lol will play it by ear and see how i feel i got to work new years eve so my back might not stand an evening out as well :( we will see if not then will have a chill night at home playing monopoly cluedo and trivial pursuit lol and son will be happy as larry xxxxx

Rach where have you gone??? Hope that you are ok?

Xxx

hi lindsay hun im still around been a real busy few days my step nan died over christmas so have been to the funeral today plus been spending lots of time with my son have been hopping on and off doing odd quick posts but not much all well this end just looking forward to my scan now only a few more days to wait hope you are well and looking forward to the new year xxxxxx

Rach I am sorry about your step nan - such an awful time to pass away, keep smiling!

I am ok, looking forward to new year ish, not looking forward to being the only person in the pub sober but hey it's all worth it!!!

Dh is hounding me for the computer so will post a longer message tomorrow

Xxx

Morning Rach

How are you feeling today? All the snow has gone here this morning, so I can now get in my car without being a quivering wreck :D

I have been a bit down this week, I have felt really unattractive and have burst into tears everytime I have looked in the mirror, hormones??? :? I went into town one day last week with mum and have managed to get a few tops to wear with my jeans which make me feel ok so am a happier bunny now.

I hope that you have a great time tonight whatever you decide to do - all the best for 2006, the year we will meet our beans :D :D

Xxx

happy new year lindsay hun hope you are well i ended up going out and really enjoyed myself best new year ive had in ages lol
did feel a little embarrassed though i knew my bump had gone huge but i had a lot of ppl asking last night when i was due and when i told them i was only 19 weeks they looked horrified and asked was i having twins :oops: really felt fat and horrible :( ppl have no tact at all do they
oh well i suppose i best get used to it as its going to get a lot bigger yet lol must do a new pic soon to show everyone my bump
hope you enjoyed new year hey we both got our scans this week hun ooh i cant wait bet your excited too :D xxxx

Happy New Year Rach :D :D :D

I am pleased from seeing what you put on the other thread that you had a good time with OH too :D

My night was ok, the pub wasn't that great to be honest - maybe cos I was stone cold sober but others who were drinking made the same comment, the DJ was rubbish, they had a live band last year that were great. We got in the pub at 7pm and by 7.45 my youngest bro who is a student was introducing drinking games to the table, well I gave DH a 'Lindsay glare' :x down the table so he moved away and sat with me at the other end. He wasn't impressed but I explained to him that he wasn't able to handle his drink as well as he used to be able to, it would be best if he didn't join in until later on - as it was he didn't play all night and just drinking pints he was in a worse state than everyone else who played :? :? and suffered for it all day yesterday!!!!

On the plus side though, I got loads of great comments from everyone as to how great I looked and that pregnancy was agreeing with me, so that was nice :D I agree that people can be so insensitive, before my bump actually looked like a bump people would say things like 'you're getting fat' or 'your putting on weight' and it would really upset me :(

I can't wait for my scan - it's tomorrow afternoon so I will be leaving work early for it, whohoo!!!!!!! We aren't going to find out the sex of this one, leaving it as a surprise but am looking forward to hearing what you are having :) do you think that it could be a girl, due to the bump being a different shape?? Oooh it's so exciting isn't it? :D

You will have to post a piccie of your bump, I am going to get Dh to take a piccie of mine and try to get it posted on too!

Xxx

ooh lindsay didnt realise your scan was same day as mine i thought u was a day after me :D i cant wait till the morning will scan pic as soon as i get home and get it on here my scan appointment is for 9:25 in morning which prob means 10:00 lol by which time il be nearly peeing myself :oops: just hope baby got legs open now so can see what the sex is dont know how im gonna sleep tnite im so excited :D :D :D
xxxxxxxx

Morning rach, my scan isn't today got a little confused what the day was, mine is actually tomorrow afternoon dozy me :?

I can't wait to see your scan piccie - will be on line as soon as I can.

Back at work today - booo :( :(

Xxx

well i got scan done baby is growing well they actually put me further along again now got 24th may :( all seemed ok with most of it but baby was lying funny and wouldnt move much so they couldnt measure spine properly and they had problems checking the heart they said that they just could not see it properly so got to go back and have another scan two weeks today to check heart and spine :( hope all ok.
also just to add to dissappointment they could not tell what sex the baby is they said they will have another look at next scan so absolutely gutted
got 2 lovely photos though am gonna try and work the scanner now and post them xxxxx

Hey Rach

I am due 24th May too :D :D :D wonder who will be first????

Xxx

Rach just wondered what you have done with your tummy button piercing?? I put the retainer in that I bought but the bobble on the top stuck out through my clothes more and didn't look right so have put my other one back in which at the moment still fits - am I harming the baby wearing my old one?? People keep telling me that I should take it out and let it heal while am PG and get it pierced again afterwards but I don't know whether I will get it done again plus I really like it :wink:

Xxx

hi lindsay hun ive got my retainer in i love it as its much more comfortable than my old one i have noticed that it sticks out through clothes although only as i seem to get bigger lol i dont think you are doing any harm by wearing your old one my friend wore hers all the way through and she was fine she has top and bottom pierced i think its more personal choice and comfort i wont let mine heal up as it took me ages to get the guts to have it done in first place lol id never have it done again xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Rach

I have got my retainer in again now too, lol I just can't make up my mind!!!! It actually does feel loads more comfortable than the other one so will stick with it for the time being.

I am feeling the baby move round lots now, it's wonderful :D Dh felt it kick too so he is excited aswell. What is the date for your next scan, I know it's in 2 weeks time. I read your thread about maternity leave and taking holidays, I hadn't thought about that but I will have all my new year annual leave so I can possibly do the same thing. I am going to start to think about it so that I have a focus point to work towards lol!!!!!!

I am getting the dreaded cold :( have really struggled to sleep last night not being able to breathe, it's one thing or another for me not being able to sleep lol!!!!!

I am still really emotional, silly little things have me in tears. I don't normally cry easily at all but lately, woah DH doesn't know how to handle it, bless :lol:

Well I hope that you have a great weekend whatever you end up doing.

Xxx

hi lindsay date for next scan is 17th jan at 2:50 in the afternoon cant wait hopefully all will be well. ive been feeling the baby move lots and can sometimes feel it from the outside my son felt it and was over the moon although sometimes i might not feel it for 2/3 days which can be a worry although i know your not supposed to worry about it till after 28 weeks.
im also very emotional still but i think a lot of that is to do with circumstance. im not getting much support about baby as me and oh split up hes only about when theres a scan or when he wants to be and my family and friends are not much help my friends think i should have nothing to do with him at all and think im a fool my family just see me as a black sheep now that im single and pregnant and are not really interested in baby my mum just blows hot and cold on me i give up :?
been off work for 2 days with migraine and depression but going back in today got to try and keep going keep telling myself its not for much longer 11 weeks left from monday woo hoo i cant wait.
think i need to start decorating babys room too at some point before i get much bigger its like a tip in there at the moment all the stuff ive bought so far is just dumped on the floor in piles :( was hoping to find out the sex so i could start painting but now i think im going to go for lemon and pale green and then have winnie the pooh accessories think i might go b&q after work today to get the paint might cheer me up to know im doing something :D
also started thinking about hospital bag this week thought even though its a bit early it wont hurt to start chucking odd bits in my bag
so far got nighties slippers wash bag and breast pads lol not bad for a start i suppose
not up to much this weekend except maybe starting babys room hope you have a good one xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back