Meptid?

Urchin

Reaction score
I had a tour of my labour ward this evening and have found out that they offer Meptid as pain relief.

Apparently it relaxes you like pethedine, but without lasting so long or being quite so powerful.

Has anyone here tried it? It sounded quite good to me!

We had this explained to us as Antenatel class Monday night. It's more ideal for those people who are smaller framed or those who are larger than avergae frames as it can be given at a dose to suit you - wheras Pethadine is one standard dose and can knock smaller people for 6 whilst it wont touch larger people.

I've heard it works brilliantly!! I'll be trying this first before I go the whole hog and scream epidural. :lol:

I think I'm going to try it too, I was very wary of pethedine as it lasts for ages and it might not agree with you. I don't want to feel out of control. My friend had pethidine and didn't know where she was or why she had to push!

I'd never heard of it before last night (serves me right for not going to any classes this time around!)

Yeah it does sound more appealing to me. My midwife said if I had pethadine I'd be off my block for ages and no way of bringing me down! :shock: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back