Mental breakdown - dont even know why

Colourmeblue

Reaction score
What an awful night i've had. Didnt even see this building up - felt fine in the day then I just went completely flipping mental.

Basically I think I was slightly annoyed at OH in the day anyway, as he didnt really bother messaging or calling me to see how i was while he was at work. Then after picking up my daughter, I had to pick him up from work and go together to do our food shop. Think even this slightly annoyed me too cos im 37 weeks and still driving us around everywhere - OH promised he would get his license before baby, but has even renewed his provisional, let alone take any driving lessons. So thats left me heavily pregnant and still driving. So pcik him up from work, and he's all quiet ....this annoyed me. Anway, on way to supermarket, on the main A-road, avoided a massive crash by about a few cm's...I think this is what really got my mood going. Stupid damn lorry came swirving on to my side, I had to slam down my brakes...thank god there was no one behind me to slam into us, our car slighlty swirved and we barely missed hitting him. All i got from OH is an 'are you ok?' and a quick rub of my knee. I wanted to go back home, but he insisted we had to do the food shop....so we done food shop then went back home and then....

Lashed out on OH, I wrecked our home single handedly, threw our plant at him - the soil completely ruined the carpet...threw a bunch of other stuff around, every room is a mess....god knows where i found the strength to even throw stuff around - i can barely walk normally. Told OH that i hate him...i was really awful, all the time i'm screaming and crying uncontrollably. After i'd finished throwing stuff, I collapsed on the bathroom floor in fits of tears, which i just couldnt stop. The worst part is my poor little girl, who's only 9, witnessed the whole thing and had a little meltdown of her own cos she was so shocked and worried about what on earth was happening to me. Anyway whilst i was on the bathroom floor, I noticed i felt kind of wet. OH came in the bathroom, felt my clothes and told me my waters had gone. So now more madness calling the hospital, who told us to go in. When i got up, i felt slight trickling down my leg.

Was put on a monitor, and given an internal. Turns out not all my waters went, and baby is still happy in there. Been told t wear a pad for the next few days and go back if any more leaking/pain. Plus got a scan tomorrow (or later today) as they are not sure, baby might be breach.

I feel like a shit girlfriend and an even worse mother....cant sleep, feeling so so down and keep crying still. Making myself feel even worse cos i know im 37 weeks, and should be as relaxed as possible in preperation for the birth and the baby, but i feel like such a damn mess.

Sorry girls, long rant i know, but i really had to vent x

Awww bless u! Try not to panic too much (easier said than done, I know).
I know the feeling regarding OH not driving, so irritating, I'm 35 wks and its starting to be uncomfortable driving and getting in and out the car.
We're shopping tomorro too and it always gets me stressed! With pgp it's hard for me to walk with a trolley but I prefer to be holding it.
As for it daughter seeing u, just sit and explain to her in the morning, and maybe have some chill out time with her, u need to relax ... (bet ur sick of hearing that! Lol)

Stuff the carpet! It will clean.

Hope tomorrows a better day and hope baby turns for u soon too xxx

Tapatalking. X

awww hugs honey , it gets to us all sometimes , hormones , tiredness,
Try to relax now as much as pos, seems like baby is not far off to coming out xxx

Oh hon, sounds like a mad case of full force pregnancy hormones and a range of annoying things. As Bek and you ate saying my OH also does not drive (hes learning at last) and it is highly frustrating at times. Its annoyed me for years but in pregnancy in particular it has really got to me.

Try not to worry just take care of you and bump. Also your oh and ds. It can just all be put behind you!! Take care! Xx

Thanks girls, nice to know I'm not alone in my madness. Couldnt sleep all night, feeling so bad for my behaviour. Still feeling well down today. I'm sure OH is too scared to even talk to me, and my daughter wanted to stay at my mums last night (probably cos she was too scared of her crazy mother) so she's not here yet this morning. I really hope I don't have another episode quite that bad again - it's funny, all this time i've been thinking that I havent been as hormonal in this pregnancy as i thought id be - hah....yeah right, made up for lost time last night thats for sure x

Ah don't worry - we have all had those days - mine usually end up being taken out on the dishwasher - we have nearly lost our dining set so many times!
Talk to your daughter and explain why you felt like you did - she will begin experiencing it soon anyway approaching teenage years!
OH's just don't get it no matter how much we explain!
Take care of yourself and try and relax and forget about it for now - focus on you and the baby xx

I have had similar style meltdowns. Last week it was over a little bit of spilt sugar. I rant and rave then sob! I know I had one meltdown where I pulled all the sofa cushions off and threw them round the room! (The big cushions as well not the little ones!).

When I'm rational we laugh about it and I explain to hubby I'm a nutter and don't mean it.

thanks ladies - I explained to my daughter about hormones, and that if it happens again, for her to not get upset and just leave me to it to calm down. OH says he loves me and he knows it the hormones and that i cant help it. honestly just now i felt myself getting worked up (about the hoover!), so i locked myself in the toilet for 20 minutes until i calmed down.....i will not go nuts two days in a row!!

I only posted a similar thread on Tuesday, just couldnt believe how angry and het up I had got, just so not me!!
Hormones just build up as times on !!
Atleast everyone understands, - your pregnant and nearly due, your allowed!!!! (just not too often for your own sanity! ) xx

lol....yeah definately not good for my own sanity, as I just feel so blue today. Think i shocked myself yesterday x

So update - what an utterly CRAP weekend. Went from bad to worse. OH acted like a complete arse on Sunday when we were invited to my parents for a BBQ. He turned up after me (as he cut to mow his grandads lawn), so everyone had already eaten. He refused to eat when he got there, saying he werent feeling well (a lie), then took his stroppy self into a part of the garden where no one was and sulked, didnt talk to no one, then pretending to fall asleep. How f****ing rude...i wanted to kill him. He made me look like a complete idiot in front of all my family. When we went home, I wouldnt say i went mental, but i obviously asked him what the hell he was playing at, and he apologised and said he'd been in a bad mood all day. I cried on and off for the rest of the night, feeling so so down. Every so often he told me he loved me. Went cinema. Things still awkward. Yesterday - same thing. I think all day he said about 10 words to me. he just sat there all miserable and silent and completley blanking me. Went to bed - he gave me a brief 2 minute cuddle then turned around and went to sleep. I could honestly kill him. Iv told him i cant handle being this stressed out, this close to giving birth. That i need everything to be normal and stress free as poss, and that i just want him to be affectionate with me - but no, he clearly seems to not give a hoot at all. Feeling so down and depressed and anxious about everything, and like i have zero support from him at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back