men registrars

Gruntie2

Reaction score
Had my 32 week scan yesterday... the sonographer said everything looked fine... - i then went to see the doctor after... and this time i got a male one.... i didn't like him at all... he was really really arrogant.... basically called me overweight and the reason for my high blood pressure is cuz i'm overweight... he never bothered to find out that its hereditary.... what an A hole.. hes making me have a GTT also... got to go in Friday for this..... got to go back and see him in 4 weeks.. i really don't want to.... My babys head is measuring big :-( measures at 36 weeks while the rest of its body is normal??? i was crying all the way home... felt so down for the rest of the day...

you can refuse to see this consultant if you wish.. you dont have to see any male doctor being pregnant.. you can refuse and say you only wish to see the original even if it means putting yourself out.

ive also been told blah blah blah coz im overweight.. i dont think people realise that they still can upset people by saying it.. i think its rude.. write a letter of complaint and say you will not see this doctor again.

they said at this stage in my pregnancy.. there are two registrars that will see me and i can only be seen on a Monday..... and both are male doctors..... i am gonna phone the antenatal clinic and see if i can change my next appt to another day... fingers crossed....

when you ring them give the drs name and say you refuse to see them... you shouldnt have to put up with an attitude such as he does.. and just because im pregnant doesnt mean he can justify talking about your body, its still your property and if he would talk to an overweight person like he has done you he would get sued...

:wave: Sorry he made you feel bad. I think they don't realise that they can spoil your whole day with one careless remark. (hope not anyway)

If I were you I would just see him again but tell him that he upset you and made you worry, he'll be OTT nice afterwards I should think.

I refused to see one of the m/w's a while ago, got myself a nice rep as beinga stroppy mare, then one day there was no-one else I could see so I went to her but told her that she had upset me by saying that my weight ment I wouldn't go to term and I was too fat to find the babies HB at 16 weeks. She did of course try to deny it, but I wouldn't have it. She apologised and is now right on the ball. :lol: I've no doubt she hates me coming to clinic, but tough sh1t, its her job.

Don't let them get you down :hug: :hug: :hug:

Did he say why the babies head might be big?

he didn't really say the babys head is big... i just saw from the charts he showed me..... the head circumfrance is 8 cm bigger than normal..... i can't see that being becuz i am fat... but thats what he made it sound like... and its my fault for having high blood pressue

he didn't really say the babys head is big... i just saw from the charts he showed me..... the head circumfrance is 8 cm bigger than normal..... i can't see that being becuz i am fat... but thats what he made it sound like... and its my fault for having high blood pressue

well you do know it's just cos he's a t0sser, don't you :hug: :hug:

Anyone can have high blood pressure.... :doh:

yep.. anyone can.. i had high bp last time with charl.. and im heavier this time.. well i ahve more fat on me.. i think i weight the sameish

What a twat, mind you, he is not horrible because he is male, he is just horrible, the other male reg might be lovely, I would just ask not to see him. Dont let him upset you, my babys bits and pieces are all measuring different weeks - I dont think you need to worry about your babies head size at all - they are all different :hug: :hug:

Is he youngish by any chance? Sounds just like the twattish doctor I saw in A&E who was too arrogant for words and said i had a prostate. I lodged a complaint with the hospital and a note was made on my file about that appointment. I am sure he was questioned about this (and probably denied it all), but it means I don't have to see him again so see what you can do about changing doctors hun xx

What a pillock! How do doctors think they can keep being rude to people, twll him to sod off.

:hug: What a *******! He had no right to say those things to you.

I think you should threaten to stick Stewart on him as that would be enough to make most men cower :rotfl:

hey amanda - was gonna email u yesterday but new girl kept me busy alll day..how are u and Jenifer doing?. ... i am at the hosptial tomorrow so gonna speak to them tomorrow about seeing someone different.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back