Men’s fertility

Linzi1987

Reaction score
Can someone please shed some light on how men/woman’s fertility is measured as we have been thinking that if nothing happeneds in the next year we may have to go down that route , will I have to have a op ? Will he have to go into a seeding room with dirty mags ? (lol) we are coming up to a year TTC with not a glimmer of hope , thankyou xx

If on the NHS, for the woman it’s mostly blood tests, transvaginal scans and a test called a HyCoSy where they scan your fallopian tubes after flushing them with dye. This is uncomfortable and is probably the worst part of the investigation process but it doesn’t take long. There are no operations involved.

For the man... well my husband had two sperm tests (the samples for which he did at home), one blood test and that was it!

Turns out my husband has low sperm motility. We were told it would be very unlikely for us to get pregnant without IVF. We were due to start treatment in March and found out the day before that we were pregnant! Fifteen months in total it took us.

Personally I feel the HyCoSy was a big factor in helping us. I always used to spot before my periods (even though all the tests showed nothing was wrong) but after the HyCoSy I didn’t anymore. I had that test on Christmas Eve and by March I was pregnant.

Last edited:
Ah lovely thankyou so much for your reply that makes us feel a whole lot more at ease about the idea , I really appreciate your time , and also congratulations that’s amazing news x

Ah lovely thankyou so much for your reply that makes us feel a whole lot more at ease about the idea , I really appreciate your time , and also congratulations that’s amazing news x

No problem :) For me I definitely felt calmer just going through the investigation process as I felt things were actually getting done. I hope everything works out for you and you get your bfp soon! :D

Thankyou I actually came here to ask about the testing procedure as it worry’s us but I’m actually 4 days late , I have everything crossed but as you provlbably know the feeling I’m still just like meh aunt flow is just teasing me as she did before , I done a clear blue test last night and I couldn’t see a line but today there is a faint line in the test box is that a false pos or do you think an evap line , sorry to bug you with more questions lol x

Thankyou I actually came here to ask about the testing procedure as it worry’s us but I’m actually 4 days late , I have everything crossed but as you provlbably know the feeling I’m still just like meh aunt flow is just teasing me as she did before , I done a clear blue test last night and I couldn’t see a line but today there is a faint line in the test box is that a false pos or do you think an evap line , sorry to bug you with more questions lol x
You should use a pink dye test. The blues are notorious for false positives. Very best of luck! I think I’ve been through every test there is, my husbands had a few too. We got pregnant naturally 6 weeks before we were due to start Ivf x

Ohh wow that’s amazing congratulations thankyou for your message I have done a lot of research today and iv since found the blue dyes are known for this , I’m going to wait a few days then try again I don’t want to temp fate or jinx anything thankyou x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back