melissa was born on sunday! **UPDATED WITH PICS! page2**

trixipaws

Reaction score
i'v given birth to a baby girl!
baby melissa was born on sunday june 10th at 4.45pm, she weighed 3380g (7 pounds 7 ounces) and 50cm long and i LOVE HER TO BITS!!!!

its been the best and most surreal experience of my life- i am overwhelmed! her daddy and i are just OBSESSED with her she's completely enchanted us!

on friday i felt like i had period pains all day and by the evening the pain sort of had 'peaks' to it, every half an hour or so, then every 15 minutes, then every 5. we thought it might be the start of something so called the midwives out at 3am early saturday, only to be examined and told i wasnt even dilated, it was just "effacing pains". i felt a bit silly and bad for calling them out at such an hour, so on saturday nite when the pains got bad i put off calling them out again, thinking i was just being a wuss. i couldnt sleep on saturday and by the morning i was gasping for breath each time i felt pain, but i still didnt believe i was in labour lol! i called them again on sunday morning and they said could i wait til 2pm and i said yes. each time i had a contraction i had to stop walking or talking, but i really expected them to tell me i still wasnt dilated and i'd look foolish! so i took my mind off it by washing my hair, straightening it and doing my make-up! i looked my very best (i thought i'd stay that way and look fabulous when i first met my daughter, like rachel off friends- LLLLLLLLLOL!!)

anyway by 12:30 it was every few minutes, and was nearly in tears and i threw up in the sink! my boyf had to call the midwives coz i couldnt speak, and they got here at 1pm, i was 5cm dilated then and they gave me lovely lovely entonox! i got high off that while they got the pool ready. it was such relief to get into the pool, it supported my weight and i could writhe around more easily. although i was delirious then, even the gas didnt take the edge off the pain, and my boyf said it was like i was posessed, my eyes were rolling back and i was screaming please help me please make it stop! and crying, and he seriously thought i'd broken his fingers i crushed them so hard, hehe! the midwives kept telling me to 'go with my body' and 'do what feels natural', but i didnt kno what i wanted to do except get away from the pain. apparently i was going on about doing a poo and they decided they thought i was too nervous to deliver in the water so they took me upstairs, first sat with me on the toilet while i poo'd (oh the indignity! lol) then lay me on the bed. it was time to push then but i wasnt getting a big urge or anything, i didnt feel ready- and was saying i didnt kno what to do, so one of the midwives put her fingers in me and told me to push them out. i did but it didnt feel like i was doing anything, and certainly not getting a baby out! i just thought 'this isnt gonna happen its impossible!' and i kept shouting i couldnt do it. but they were all really patient with me. they said this is the hardest thing youll ever do, and they were so right! i'd put all my effort into it until i ran out of breath and retched, then after 4 pushes run out of energy and it felt like i was sucking her head back up and i'd never get her out, but they told me to concentrate on saving my energy and try not to cry coz it wastes energy. anyway, after about an hour i got her out, i couldnt believe i'd done it!

the moment they placed her on my chest was the most surreal- i felt a mixture of emotions- love at first sight of course- but also other things, one being total confusion! i almost didnt kno what had happened! its difficult to put it into words now, 4 days later, as the memory doesnt fade, but it changes. its true that u do forget the pain, although it wasnt immediate but i'v forgotten it now! it was the worst pain ever but i'd do it a million times over for her, i just love her sooooooooooo much! we cant get over how much we feel for her and it just gets stronger all the time. i feel like a different person.

i'll put the pics up later when i'v uploaded them
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ohhhhhhhh Trix - I am truly over the moon for you hun.......hello Melissa welcome to the world :wave:

You did so well....many congrats :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

congratulation! well done! my first was the same weight as melissa :D

CONGRATULATIONS darlin!!!!!

and welcome baby Melissa :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

What a great birth story! Congratulations, enjoy your little girl. :hug:

CONGRATULATIONS :cheer: lovely birth story.!
well done! Welcome New baby Melissa :cheer: xx

Aww congrats hun. Great birth story. Can't wait to see pics

Trixi, I am crying at your story, its so lovely. Huge congrats to you both and welcome to melissa :hug: :hug:

Wow congrats! You got my all psyched up now lol!! Thanks for sharing xxx

Hello Melissa!!! What a birth story trix!! I am glad you had your home birth, you did really really well!! :hug:

AH WOW hun.. that was a beautful stroy..

ohhh can't wait lol :cheer:

i wanna see pics :wink:

:hug: :hug:

Hey trix,

I am so, so pleased for you honey - you did so well! Congratulations on your home birth.

Pics please!

Valentine xxx

what a lovely story.......... many congratulations

look forward to see the pics :dance: :dance:

Wishing you Big hugs and kisses And CONGRATULATIONS on you beautiful daughter well done you. JUst enjoy every moment with her :hug:

What a great story, brings back memories of mine, the 'i couldn't speak bit' lol.

Congrats again on the arrival of your little girl, and well done on being at home :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back