Meeting the midwife

pitterpatter

Reaction score
Im in my 6th week of pregnancy : ) still really excited and cant wait to go the midwife so it starts to feel more real, i spoke to my doctor on friday to tell her about my BFP and she said call back in a week or twos time to book appointment for midwife etc. When was your 1st visit what do they do and how many weeks where you all? x

Iv got my first midwife app today and I'm 9weeks3days :) xxx

Ahh thats lovely news! hope all went well! That feels ages away though haha! il ring the docs up again today to see if tey can book me in then for a few weeks time. So what did u do in the meantime...? just wait i suppose xxx

My 1st appointment it today too - and I am around 10 weeks - they wont see you until around 10 weeks where I live!

xx

I seen my midwife at 10 weeks 4 days few days later I got my scan letter for the week after makin me 12 weeks.
Its all about waitin lol.
Waiting for scan waiting for results waitin to c if the baby is ok.

Haha maybe im being impatient and just need to chill.. im just worrying about everything. Me being silly really, still getting loadsa symptoms so things are definetly taking shape in here! Just cant wait to have a pic too look at :)

Did you girls see a doc 1st who referred you to a midwife? If so when did u see a doc? xxx

When I had my first appointment with my dr I was 7+3 (no point going really early!) The receptionist booked my midwife appointment at the same time as she booked my drs appointment. I saw my midwife at 9+3 and will be 12+4 when I have my first scan. It's all about waiting but it's suprising how fast time goes :)

I've got my first midwives appointment on Friday and I'm 8 weeks. With my last pregnancy I got to almost 11 weeks without a word from a midwife, so when I spoke to her this time round she said I must have slipped through the net. I think different areas have different procedures. Just make sure you don't leave it too long as someone needs to book your scan around 12 weeks.

Hi there. Congratulations all ..... It's horrible hey the first few weeks its just a waiting game. I have my booking appointment with midwife this afternoon ..I am 10 weeks tomorrow, then my scan 31 July - I too just want to know everything going ok! X

Just make sure you are taking folic acid while waiting for the midwife. She should see you at 8-9 weeks so she can book your scan.You have to let her know whether through surgery or her mobile number. She won't automatically know if you have been to GP which is unecessary unless you have any medical conditions or are take medications that could affect the baby or pregnancy. The first appt is usually information gathering, baseline BP and urine check and generating records and forms for bloods/scans.

Thankyou girls, i will ring them up soon then and ask to book appointment for a few weeks time. I have been taking folic acid for over two months now, also been on a mad fruit and veg spree hehe! Hopefully the next few weeks go past really fast! x

Hi, I saw the midwife yesterday. it took about an hour I had to give a urine sample, she did height, weight calclulated bmi and measured bp. she took bloods and started to fill in my maternity book. Most of it was really quite dull and they just try to assess if you are high or low risk ie do you smoke, take drugs, are you in an abusive relationship, are you a 'young mum'. then there was a bit of chat about what screening tests you want etc. A lot of it was aimed at 'at risk' people for various social reasons to see if you need any additional support. However it is nice to start on the official pregnancy stuff!! x.

I saw my GP today and I have my 1st appointment with the midwife booked in for 26th July - I'll be 6+4. It's a bit early because i'm going to be away for the first 2 weeks in august and i'll be 9wks when i get back x

I went to doc early as I had to have proof for work. My mw appt is on Tuesday (I'll be 8+2) and I've already had my first scan :) but ill need one in 12th week

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back