Meeting someone new??

Jaxx01

Reaction score
hey

Just after a bit of advice really :(

Bit of background...

My and my partner had a mc on 1st march and my partner selfishly left a few weeks after as he wasnt coping too well..before he left though I fell pregnant again :) sooo good on the front that I am now 10 weeks pregnant BUT he doesnt want to know has asked nothing about the pregnancy and has fooked off back to Oxford and changed his numbeR!!!

Anyway, in the last couple of weeks I have met someone new. He is very lovely, kind and caring. We have seen each other quite a bit and I really like him... obviously not rushing things given my current situation lol but it's nice to have his company!

Basically, we have obviously had the chat of the baby and where we woulod both stand IF we are together when baby gets here....he said that if the father doesnt turn up that he would just bring it up as his own??? Obviuosly if father turns up and wants to be involved then thats fine!!

Just wondered if anyone else has encountered this?? It feels right to me but I just wonder what other people would think??

x

My OH isn't biologically my DD's father but he's her daddy. He's brought her up and loves her just as much as he loves our son. I was in a relationship previously where the man said he'd always be her dad and it didn't matter about biology but when push came to shove he fooked off despite us being together for 3 years, being engaged etc whereas I know if me and OH ever did split he'd always be there x it can work out but it is difficult honey, especially if you split up. :hugs:

I haven't been in your situation but I am single and chose to be. So I'm just guessing how I would deal with it. I've put dating/meeting someone new off during pregnancy, I'd be worried if I met someone, started to fall for them and rely on them but when it came to the crunch they wouldn't stick around when baby is here. It wouldn't be fair on anyone so I've just steered clear of it all. But thats just me, this man may well be there for you and love your baby like his.

x

I haven't been in your situation but I am single and chose to be. So I'm just guessing how I would deal with it. I've put dating/meeting someone new off during pregnancy, I'd be worried if I met someone, started to fall for them and rely on them but when it came to the crunch they wouldn't stick around when baby is here. It wouldn't be fair on anyone so I've just steered clear of it all. But thats just me, this man may well be there for you and love your baby like his.

x

Yeah this is exactly what I did for 2 years after DD was born :) I'm very lucky to have OH!

wow hunny so sorry about your ex.. what a selfish little f**k! :mad: soon enough he'll regret it, men always do that, but your new guy sounds brilliant, and suppose you deserve someone like him, and not someone who leaves you after a MC... there hard enough to get over and dont know how any guy can even think of doin a runner when something so terrible happens! :s

good luck with your pregnancy hun!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back