Medicines and alcohol during 2ww

Status
Not open for further replies.

xphoenix

Reaction score
I'm in my 2ww I'm 10 days away from and. and just had to take some prescription tablets...I'm now wondering as I stared at the pack it says do not take if you are pregnant... obviously I don't know if I am, this is kinda probably wishful thinking.

Buuut do you stop taking pills etc and not drink during your 2ww Or do you carry on as normal?

I guess I'm paranoid after 3 losses.
Thanks
X

Drink until it's pink.....as in the BFP

Anything before then is at such a cellular level it is unlikely that a tipple or meds would have any real impact

Great, I like it!! Drink til it's pink lol

Cool thank you! I'm a worrier.

Alcohol in the 2ww is fine (baby gets everything from the yolk sac until 6 weeks so really you can drink until then) but a lot of medications definitely aren't because they can hang around in your body. Obviously there's nothing you can do now but if you're TTC you should tell your doc whenever they prescribe anything so that they can give you the pregnancy safe versions just in case. There's a pregnancy safe alternative for most medications :)

Carry on as normal until you see that positive x

Alcohol in the 2ww is fine (baby gets everything from the yolk sac until 6 weeks so really you can drink until then) but a lot of medications definitely aren't because they can hang around in your body. Obviously there's nothing you can do now but if you're TTC you should tell your doc whenever they prescribe anything so that they can give you the pregnancy safe versions just in case. There's a pregnancy safe alternative for most medications :)

Oh really, thats good to know!! Yeah that's a good point... good idea, it was anti histamine as I had a bit of an allergic reaction. Although I do take other meds on occasions for anxiety. Thank you!

No problem. There's definitely pregnancy safe antihistamines so keep that in mind next time :) There's probably no harm in a regular one but you're better off playing it safe if you can.

Definitely drink until it's pink!! You want to carry on enjoying life as it may take longer than you hope.

As for medications, if you were being started on something regular I would definitely tell them you were TTC. If you were just taking a one off of something I probably wouldn't overthink it. Of course, if it's over the counter things like antihistimines, it's probably worth finding out which are pregnancy safe alternatives just so you know. Again, I'm sure there's safer anxiety medications for pregnancy too.

Most medications aren't licensed in pregnancy as it would be unethical to test them on pregnant women rather than because they know that they're unsafe. I was told this when I was taking a regular medication where the leaflet clearly stated do not take if pregnant/TTC. The consultant advised it would be better in my case to stay on it until I was confirmed pregnant and then stop. She was also willing to restart it while I was pregnant if there was a need.

As the girls have said 'drink until its pink' i asked just the same as i knew i was going to have a heavy weekend of drinking before i tested. I went in on the cocktails on the Saturday :lol: and i am glad i did as on Monday i got my bfp.

Try not to stop anything you would normally do in the 2ww or you will go mad. The wait is hard enough let alone thinking you cant take and do certain things. Its only after you get your bfp do you really need to think about making changes. x

Thanks so much for the great advice ladies!! Make me feel a lot better �� you are totally right, I will carry on as normal... I need to chill haha. I'm so good at driving myself mad over things.
Will chat to the Dr too.
Thanks ��

I'd definitely talk to your GP about any meds. They could affect your chance of conceiving/implanting or affect the pregnancy. It's a good idea your GP knows you are trying so they can take it into consideration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke