Medicine misery (progesterone, possible TMI!) - any advice?

tinselcat

Reaction score
So there's two places you can put the progesterone thing.

I tried the normal place for about a week but got bad thrush-like symptoms (possibly due to antibiotics I was on) which was so much agony & definitely aggravated by the melty suppository.

Switched to the other place which the nurses okayed, and now that's showing pink blood when I go to the loo.

Today's the first day that the thrush (or whatever) isn't making me want to tear myself apart, so I'm reluctant to revisit it, but the meds also say "tell your doctor if you get side effects like soreness in the back passage". This isn't soreness, it's blood!

Any suggestions?

hmm no, if its only a bit i wouldnt worry prob just irratating it, just call them tomoz and double check its ok. How long u got now till testing? How do you feel? x

I wasn't allowed to put them up vaginally until a few days after the transfer my clinic said so as I started them after egg retrieval I think I just got used to shoving them up my jacksy!! I didn't have ant bleeding though - just uncomfortable really. Call your clinic and see what they say. Apparently you need to keep taking them for the first 12 weeks so unless really bad it's worth it for the BFP!!

M x

Thanks ladies!

Obviously I'd do anything for a BFP.

Hopefully everything will calm down in that region, I think I've adopted a strange walk in public for now!

Oh, and Gemma :wave: I'm supposed to test on Saturday.

Any 'symptoms' I have existed as soon as I started taking progesterone so not holding out any hope. I sort of want this cycle to be over now so I can get on with my life & get back to the gym!

Last edited:
I had to put them up the jacksy. No bleeding but it did become a little sore xxx

I'd tell them, they might give you injectable progesterone instead. That's what I'm on and it's a lot less messy and no real side effects.

So there's two places you can put the progesterone thing.

I tried the normal place for about a week but got bad thrush-like symptoms (possibly due to antibiotics I was on) which was so much agony & definitely aggravated by the melty suppository.

Switched to the other place which the nurses okayed, and now that's showing pink blood when I go to the loo.

Today's the first day that the thrush (or whatever) isn't making me want to tear myself apart, so I'm reluctant to revisit it, but the meds also say "tell your doctor if you get side effects like soreness in the back passage". This isn't soreness, it's blood!

Any suggestions?

Ive been going for the back end for over 8 weeks now (stopping this week with utter relief). I found the idea of up the foof too messy, but like you, things get a little sensitive back end. Perfect solution for me was germaloids cream! !! Its fine to use in pg, and I used the tiniest bit on the end to lubricate and stop any irritation.

Thanks everyone! It's good to know that alternatives exist

Today hasn't been so bad so I stuck with the back & fliss thanks for your tip, glad for your sake you found a solution :)

Have just been awakened by heartburn (never really had this before) which apparently can be a side-effect of progesterone! So I guess at least it is absorbing properly...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back