Medela vs tommee tippee breast pump

Ammdaz

Reaction score
I used a manual breast pump with DS and found it hard work. This time round as I haven't got much else to buy I thought I might treat myself to an electric pump so that OH can feed LO from time to time. I've heard a lot of good things about the medela swing but it is quite expensive. The tommee tippee electric pump is on offer at the moment for £66 which seems a tempting bargain... For just occasional expressing would the tommee tippee one do the job or should I pay the extra and get the medela? Xxx

I found the medela fantastic. I can't speak for the electric but the tommee tippee manual ripped a bit of my nipple off and then fell to bits lol. Xx

I don't know personally as i'm expecting my first, but my friend who had twins told me if there was one thing I was going to splurge out on then I better make sure it was the Medela electric pump!! she bought a cheaper one first and then still had to upgrade to the Medela. Hope that helps xx

Thank you both. Yes miss may that definitely helps. The reviews on amazon seem to agree that the medela one is much better. Xxx

I have the tomme tippee pump, bought it because it was on offer for if I ever need to express (and went through a phase when I was struggling with bf). It works well but not to comfortable... Sometimes it feels like my whole boob is getting sucked into it and sometimes I feel tender after even on a low setting so I would recommend spending a bit more money and getting a more comfortable one, you'll thank yourself in the long run xxx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, definitely think I'll give the tommee tippee one a miss, I guess it's not a bargain if its not very good! Xxx

As above- bought the TT one, which made me very sore, then packed up (Molly is only 11weeks, so it's not exactly been ragged)! The Medela is much more comfortable, and I can do 5oz in about 10mins. Treat yourself. :)

As above- bought the TT one, which made me very sore, then packed up (Molly is only 11weeks, so it's not exactly been ragged)! The Medela is much more comfortable, and I can do 5oz in about 10mins. Treat yourself. :)

I think I might just do that! Thanks :) xxx

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I had the TT one, used it pretty regularly prob at leadt once a day. and never had any problem xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

i have the medela (sp) one and cant rave about it enough, love it, quick,easy to use and clean, worth the money ten times over

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back