Medela swing pump - pls read if you have one

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Babybushie28, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Babybushie28

Babybushie28 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies,

I bought this a few weeks ago and it's working well for me, however sometimes whilst I'm pumping, the bottle leaks a bit from the top and sometimes if I haven't tilted myself forward for a while my milk gets into the plastic tube thingy that pumps the air in.

Now, I only get 1-2oz every time i pump so every drop is precious. I returned it and got another one, thinking it was a fault but the new one has been doing the same??!!

Before I return it again can anyone tell me if they have experienced this or of this is just how it is!? Maybe Im not using it properly???

I have to return it by this Friday so please share your views if you have one.

Thanks!!!

Xxxxx

2. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

I've not had any problems with milk getting into the air tube and although I generally do sit upright or lean forward when I'm pumping the only time the bottle has leaked is when I've shaken it with the lid on. I did find I get more milk with a different sized breast shield though. The leaky bottle might be a general design fault but getting milk in the tube sounds wrong to me....

3. MummyEdgar

MummyEdgar Well-Known Member

Hey, I've never had milk in the air tube, that sounds wrong? But I have had leaks when I've shaken bottle with lid on. As already said I pump sat up and leaning forward slightly.
    Lj

4. Nicnax

Nicnax Well-Known Member

Yes! This has happened toe! Not sure how old my pump is, as a friend passed it on to me, but this has happened a couple of times. I have quite a fast flow, and wondered if that may be something to do with it? Me and hubby have had a good look, and can't find any blockage, or obvious fault. Since it is second hand, I can't really speak to Medela, so I would be really interested to hear what they have to say. :)

5. tweetyfoo

tweetyfoo Well-Known Member

I've had it happen to me if I'm not sittin fully upright x

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

6. Lynds77

Lynds77 Well-Known Member

I never got milk into the air tube, but it used to get down under the plastic cover thing. Mine broke after just 3 days though........ I returned it to Boots for a full refund and used a hand pump from then on it!

7. sallybee

sallybee Well-Known Member

Mine used to leak a bit sometimes. Only had milk in the tube once when I didn't notice my bottle was full but obviously that's not the case for you xx

8. Babybushie28

Babybushie28 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies!!

In in a bind, and not sure to just return it or not, if i do return it I don't know what I'll do in the meantime lol

I bought it on amazon so I'll get in touch with them about what I've experienced and take it from there, I'll keep this updated.

Xxxxxxx

9. PyscoFalcon

PyscoFalcon Well-Known Member

I've never had that problem hun. Only problem I had was getting milk out in first place :(