Medela swing pump - pls read if you have one

Babybushie28

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I bought this a few weeks ago and it's working well for me, however sometimes whilst I'm pumping, the bottle leaks a bit from the top and sometimes if I haven't tilted myself forward for a while my milk gets into the plastic tube thingy that pumps the air in.

Now, I only get 1-2oz every time i pump so every drop is precious. I returned it and got another one, thinking it was a fault but the new one has been doing the same??!!

Before I return it again can anyone tell me if they have experienced this or of this is just how it is!? Maybe Im not using it properly???

I have to return it by this Friday so please share your views if you have one.

Thanks!!!

Xxxxx

I've not had any problems with milk getting into the air tube and although I generally do sit upright or lean forward when I'm pumping the only time the bottle has leaked is when I've shaken it with the lid on. I did find I get more milk with a different sized breast shield though. The leaky bottle might be a general design fault but getting milk in the tube sounds wrong to me....

Hey, I've never had milk in the air tube, that sounds wrong? But I have had leaks when I've shaken bottle with lid on. As already said I pump sat up and leaning forward slightly.
Lj

Yes! This has happened toe! Not sure how old my pump is, as a friend passed it on to me, but this has happened a couple of times. I have quite a fast flow, and wondered if that may be something to do with it? Me and hubby have had a good look, and can't find any blockage, or obvious fault. Since it is second hand, I can't really speak to Medela, so I would be really interested to hear what they have to say. :)

I never got milk into the air tube, but it used to get down under the plastic cover thing. Mine broke after just 3 days though........ I returned it to Boots for a full refund and used a hand pump from then on it!

Mine used to leak a bit sometimes. Only had milk in the tube once when I didn't notice my bottle was full but obviously that's not the case for you xx

Thanks for the replies!!

In in a bind, and not sure to just return it or not, if i do return it I don't know what I'll do in the meantime lol

I bought it on amazon so I'll get in touch with them about what I've experienced and take it from there, I'll keep this updated.

Xxxxxxx

I've never had that problem hun. Only problem I had was getting milk out in first place :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back