med change 3 grrrrr

pregpixie76

Reaction score
i have pre-existing high blood pressure.2 days after i found out i was preg my meds were changed to one i couldnt tolerate.
then i had it changed again.then the MW wasnt happy with my bp so she asked an OB what to do and a dr came up with taking 2 20mg of adalat LA a day now ive been changed to adalat ****** ( yes really the name of the med)these ones are fast release.
u probably think whats the big deal well unfortunately im medication sensitive some things will make me ill or ill be allergic to it so for me all these changes are scary.
fingers crossed adalat ****** ( god what a name) works for me.i know they are trying to sort my bp now so im less likely to end up with complications later on.rant over :wall2:

thanks for the replies.are people phobic of those who are pregnant with medical conditions?

maybe lol, or maybe ppl just have no idea what to say....
i hope it works out for you hun x

thanks for replying bev saw the consultant today and already my new bp meds are bringing my bp down and he said i should find my bp naturally lowers mid preg and there is no reason why id develop complications because my high bp is already pre-existing so thats very reassuring.i feel lucky to have a supportive team this early on.i can relax a bit more now and try and enjoy being preg :)

thats great then. your body will adjust as this is basically what were made for. im glad your meds are doing theyre job hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back