Meat?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by hopefulmummy, Jan 25, 2012.

1. hopefulmummy

hopefulmummy Well-Known Member

How do you give it to your lo? I'm blw and finding my baby isn't eating meat really as its too hard for him to chew, or I'd it's cooked really slowly an tender so it falls apart its too stringy. I've done mince formed into patties which kind of worked, and he loves fish, but I really need some other ideas.

Even stir fried chicken he cant bite and chew (no teeth yet!)

Thanks xx

2. MrsR

MrsR Well-Known Member

The no teeth thing shouldn't be a problem as their gums are so hard they act like teeth. Sebastian didn't have any teeth until 8/9 months old (2/3 months after we started blw). We cut the meat into strips and just let him at them. He usually sucked them rather than ate though he did often break off and chew pieces. Try not to worry about what LO is and isn't eating just now. It's just for fun, experience and learning right now.

3. Minchin

Minchin Well-Known Member

ah remember this so well! we did mince patties too (turkey, pork, beef - with diff things added - herbs, bit of spice, lentils, chickpeas) and we put mince in spag bol etc but Owen just sucked meat for a long time, we did a lot of slow cooked meat but he prefered the swede and carrot etc which came with it and would often leave the meat. lots of fish went down well, as easy to break up and he still LOVES fish, loves meat now too though. It took him a while to be able to 'eat' it properly xx