Measuring ahead ???

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Lil miss lee, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Lil miss lee

Lil miss lee Well-Known Member

Ok so had my anti natal app today and my midwife told me imeasuring 2 weeks ahead so instead of 33 weeks im measuring 35, has this happened to anyone else and what was the outcome? Im already scared shit less as my last lil 1 was 9.13 and he got stuck on his way out and im scared this 1 is gonna b bigger and have ecen more trouble??

2. naomi88

naomi88 Well-Known Member

I was measuring two weeks ahead but my growth scan put baby at 50th percentile - the tummy measurements aren't very accurate xx

3. Lil miss lee

I had a growth scan a few week bk and he was measuring above average then to :( xx

4. naomi88

naomi88 Well-Known Member

How much above average was he measuring at your scan? I wouldn't worry too much - they will probably keep an eye anyway and babies grow at different rates so he might have had a spurt and then level out a bit more? Xx

5. Lil miss lee

Im not sure. All my boys have been big but im dreading this xx

6. GingerKitty

GingerKitty Well-Known Member

I think they say that 3cm either way is within normal limits. That, and it isn't a very accurate way of keeping track anyway! I wouldn't worry. I measured 2cm above the first time I was measured then have been bang on the last two times.

7. Prettypee

Prettypee Well-Known Member

Could just be that you are actually a little further along than original dating scan. My sister had this and the result was natural labour at 38+5 with an 8lb baby. X

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

8. MrsB2105

MrsB2105 Well-Known Member

If they feel you are too big they will do a growth scan and possibly induce you X

9. Lander

Lander Well-Known Member

This one has measured 12 days ahead since 32 weeks. We think it's actually just our genes. Mum was born 9lb and my brother 8lb 3oz at 38wks so me measuring an estimated 8lb at 37wks with a strapping 6ft DH... not really surprised.

They still sent me for a second gtt to rule out Gestational Diabetes though as it was his tummy measurement causing the problem.

10. Lil miss lee

This is my 3rd boy and every time they just get bigger. I have been for a growth scan and have another on the 30th xc

11. MrsB2105

They will probably make a decision after your growth scan to see what is best, when are you due? X

12. Summergurl

Summergurl Well-Known Member

I've been measuring ahead all along. Had 2 extra growth scans. Been told to expect a big baby atleast a 9lber. Growth has followed a steady curve all the way through though so they're obviously not that worried as here I am 8 days overdue!

#12 Summergurl, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  13. Lil miss lee

Im not due till the start of Oct. My last little 1 was 9.13 and he got stick so i think ghats y they r keeping an eye on this little 1 tbh x

14. MrsB2105

Oh you are aiming for a 10lber at least ... They might induce you early then if that's the case x

15. Summergurl

Summergurl Well-Known Member

Yeah they'll decide from the growth scan. After my 2nd growth scan she said she wasn't worried and that she would leave it in the hands of my mw.