Measuring a week behind at 7 weeks & issues

kautostar

Reaction score
I had an early private scan yesterday as I had strings of blood in cm on Monday.

There was a baby and a heartbeat, however I should be 7+2, but measured at only 6+2. I know exactly when I ovulated (used sticks and when we DTD last!).

I'm so worried. The scanning lady could see where I'd bled from and said something about it but I can't remember what as it was all a blur after her saying the measurements were out. She didn't seem too concerned.

There was also a tiny bit of fluid in the POD.

I'm waiting for my early scan at the hospital which my dr was supposed to be arranging, but seems to have forgotten about.

Any thoughts? Thank you. I'm scared!

also posted in First trimster.

They usually measure up by 12 weeks i think, ive read they can't really be accurate this early. But if there's a heartbeat that's good because if you 6 weeks I doubt you'd see that yet? X

Focus on the heartbeat being there, it's common to measure up to a week out in the early day, that is why you don't have a dating scan until 12 weeks. Baby is growing and that is the important thing, they could see a bleed when I was 7 weeks but nothing ever came from it :) x

Just wanted to say (incase anyone is madly searching for answers like I was at the time) that I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks. We found out at the scan. I'd had more bleeding, went to the doctor who said she could hear a heartbeat (we now know this wasn't true!) and told me it was normal and to wait for my 12 week scan. Hmm.

Oh no :( I hope you are ok
So many people have bleeds or bleeds can be seen on scans and everything works out. So sorry for your sad news, the dr shouldn't say they can hear a heartbeat if they can't though, and afoot dr should of sent you for another scan in between just to be safe. I had my scan done at work by a colleague and she wanted to scan me again 2 weeks later to check on it and they weren't official scans, your dr should of done the same x

I'm sorry to see your update but thank you for posting as it is really helpful to see the outcomes, so many posts don't update so you have no clue how things turned out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back