Measuring 36 weeks!

kittykitchn

Reaction score
I thought I hadn't grown much in the last couple of weeks, but it's actually been 5cm. So now my belly is measuring 36 weeks, almost full term. Going to get a growth scan appointment tomorrow hopefully.

Is something like this usually extra fluid? I've always posted about how I feel bigger than "normal", but I didn't expect it to come out at 36.5cm today lol

How far are you? It's ok they say to be below or above by 2-3cm. Did mw seemed concerned, if not try not to worry to much. Hopefully you can get the growth scan tomorrow.

Mine was constantly up and down hun.
If ur measuring more than 3cms most mws will send for a scan just to check if its all baby or not.

Mines evening out a bit more now i was 3.5cms ahead but only 1.5 now. You may find yors could even out over the last few weeks.
But it could be fluid, the way shes laying or she could be big lol!
Do h have a mw app tomorrow?
Let us know what she says x

Last edited:
I'm
Measuring 41 weeks lol I'm not getting sent for a scan though

I'm

What!!?
When i was 29wks and measured 32cm my mw panicked haha! I tried to explain that im 6ft i dnt make small babies she still insisted!
I didnt turn it down cos i love seeing Charlie!

But id be asking for one measuring that far ahead!!! Lol
Or isit cos u have the c sec booked they r not concerned either way? Xx

I was 3cm over at 27wks apparently, but mw didn't seem overly concerned! Seeing her next week, so will see how it measures then I guess. Is your placenta anterior? I figured that's why mine might be bulkier out front. I've had comments all through that I look further along than I am o.o
Might just be the fluid, as you say! Let us know what happens ;-)

I was at community midwife this morning and she measured me 4weeks over, I actually had growth scan appointment anyway at lunchtime today and baby was measuring perfect on the 50th centile and was told if I followed that line baby would be approx 8lb 3. They said I had quite a lot of fluid but nothing to be concerned about so I wouldn't be too worried if you are measuring over xx

I wouldn't worry too much.

At my 34 week appointment I was measuring the equivalent of 46 weeks!!

I know I have a massive uterus and a lot of fluid from my first pregnancy with the twins. We actually call my tummy the twin cave. My midwife isn't worried and said that the baby himself doesn't feel that big. I have a scam booked in for next week anyhow so we will see.

I don't think fundal height measurements are an over accurate means of estimation.

46 lol!

No i agree, i was constantly measuring ahead for my 1st and had 2 growth scans.
He was a big boy but still didnt match up to the numbers on thr tape measure and he was perfect size for my body/height.

Sinilar is happening again.

Theres too much going on baby/placenta/waters and some will carry smaller or larger than average babies, not have as much fluid as eachother, placenta not as big as each other etc, so we are all bound to measure bigger/smaller from week to week :) x

Scan on Monday morning.

As soon as I lay on the bed yesterday MW said "well I think we'll be booking you in for a growth scan!". She wasn't overly concerned (though did seem a bit odd when feeling my belly, she couldn't decipher what all the big bumps and which bit of baby they were - I swear there's two in there!), but was very sure I needed a scan and said I looked full term (but did reassure that fundal height isn't a science and it could be baby position ect).

She said she'd have to push for a growth scan as apparently they don't like giving them down here unless you have gestational diabetes, but luckily I got one, so...

I'm

What!!?
When i was 29wks and measured 32cm my mw panicked haha! I tried to explain that im 6ft i dnt make small babies she still insisted!
I didnt turn it down cos i love seeing Charlie!

But id be asking for one measuring that far ahead!!! Lol
Or isit cos u have the c sec booked they r not concerned either way? Xx

Fat before I was pregnant. Jus only had a scan a fortnight ago and she said that unless baby has boomed up in the last 2 weeks which is unlikely its gibe. Also I've also had GTT so it's prob just my shape

If it reassures you in my last pregnancy I measured spot on throughout, and ended up with a big baby, turns out I had hardly any waters... so I guess my advice is don't worry I don't really rate measuring and it just means another chance to see your baby xx

I got a growth scan for measuring too small. And it turned out I was just all baby and he was measuring small on the scan but he had already engaged - he came out normal weight.

Id echo what the girls have said. It could be babys position, fluid, all that malarky.

Good luck at the growth scan.

xxxx

I always measured 3cm small with my pregnancy but I didn't have a growth scan, she still came out at 8lb 2oz. Enjoy the chance to see your little girl again and try not to worry

She's measuring bang on... I just have a very large bump because of my build and upper scale amount of fluid. How big am I going to get! lol

Ah good! Plenty of fluid means a healthy babe, from your pic on the other thread it looks like she's just taking liberties and stretching her legs out! Must be uncomfortable - not long to go now though ;-)

Mine had a knee (I think) sticking in an awkward place last night so I rubbed it and the baby must have thought that felt weird - it squirmed its whole self into the other side suddenly o.o
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back