Measurements

Rubyredslipper

Reaction score
Hi all, got measured today, at 32 weeks baby is measuring above the top kind on my chart at 5lb something (can't remember after all the numbers!) estimated to be between 7lb6oz and 10lb 4oz :shock:
Baby is also head up, lying kinda diagonally so if s/he hasn't moved by my next apt at 34 weeks she's sending me for a growth scan.
She didn't seem overly concerned today so I'm trying not to worry too much about potentially pushing a 10lber out but is there anything I can be doing at home to try and persuade bubs to move?

I have heard being on all 4s can help baby swing down into position and also bouncing on a gym / birthing ball can help.

There is a website called spinning babies ... They show an exercise (I haven't tried as I'm scared of falling off the couch/bed) where you basically kneel on the couch/bed and lean forward and put your hands/elbows on the floor

Bouncing on a ball also

I'm having the same trouble apart from if mine don't move I will be having a section as there is 2 to move and no space to manipulate them so shall see at my 32 weeks growth scan lent week lol

Don't worry about the size too much as it could be fluid that's making you measure big x

I was measuring big but at my growth scan today baby is pretty much on the 50% line so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Same advice as the above posters r.e. getting bubs to move :)
Xxx

I've got a ball on order, hopefully that will help. Not sure I'm supple enough at the best of times to dangle off the sofa!!!

Haha that's why I haven't done it, normally it would be a doddle but I would literally tipple over onto the floor and get stuck lol x

Haha that's why I haven't done it, normally it would be a doddle but I would literally tipple over onto the floor and get stuck lol x

See if you can find somewhere with a slight step, more floor space and use a mat/cushion for your knees?

Registrar measured bump from right above my privates rather than the pubic bone the other week so bump was 2cm/2weeks ahead, hence I have a growth scan tomorrow. Not expecting him to be anything other than long!!

Are you tall? I don't get measured I just have growth scans x

I did some all 4's last night, leaning on our small coffee table and came in this morning to two people examining I've grown, so maybe baby has moved a bit already?! Don't know if that's wishful thinking though! Picking my ball up tonight, I'm 5'7 and the 65cm was too small so had to exchange for the 75cm one. Is a growth scan just similar to the normal 12/20 week scan?

A growth scan is quicker, they measure the head, stomach and leg. And give you a quick peek at baby too, I'm not sure if they spend more time on mine because they are my work friends lol but that's all they pretty much do, oh and check fluid around baby and check placenta x

Are you tall? I don't get measured I just have growth scans x

I'm 5'8", DH is 6ft. DsS is so tall he's not yet ten and wearing age 12-13 clothes... He was also a very long baby.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back