Measurements?

Rachel80

Reaction score
So I haven't been measured yet, I'm assuming the midwife will do that at my 25 week check up but I measured myself this morning, I'm 22 weeks & round the widest part of my belly (below my belly button) I measure 40 inches! This seems big to me for 22 weeks, I was a size 10/12 & 10.5stone at 6 weeks pregnant. Am I measuring the right place? I'm sure I've seen people measured above the belly button? Does anyone know?x

Your measuring from your back to belly? Or just your uterus? X

Sent from my GT-I9300

Your midwife measure your uterus but not from back to belly. But im 29 weeks and 40 1/2 inches. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

I'm measuring all the way round from my back to the widest part of my belly, which is about 1.5-2 inches below my belly button, I'm confused!!x

Okay. Well mine is 40 and a half. But yours isn't anything to worry about. But that's just for fun. The midwife will not measure all the way round anyway so don't worry xx

Type in 'measuring uterus' into google and look at images and it will show you how the midwife will measure you x

They measure from the top of the uterus (fundus) to the pubic bone (symphasis) hence symphasis fundal height. It should be 25cm = 25 weeks and there is a 2 cm allowance either side. You need to be lying semi recumbent with arms by your side for an accurate measurement so you will never get an accurate one doing it yourself. It is very subjective and only a guide. Factors can make it not a good tool such as raised BMI, twins, too much fluid etc.

Hi hun you measure from top of your uterus (which should be just above or at your belly button at 22 weeks) to your pubic bone and it should equal how many weeks you are in cms give or take 2cms..you also have to be lying down slightly like the beds at the docs or hospital are for into be accurate..mw will start measuring around 25 weeks x

U measure down ur belly like from ur boobs to ur pubic bone but just from the top of the uterus its reli hard to do on ur self as its hard to no were ur uterus is xxx

yeah they measure from pelvis up to top of uterus, you wont be able to do it so i wouldnt worry. they start at about 28 weeks and 2 cm either way is fine, it usually goes 22 weeks = 22cm or inches w/e they use so you could be from 20-24 and it would be normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back