Me again lol Please help

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
i know steaming veg is really good for babys on solids but does it keep its goodness if i freeze it to ? for example if i steam allowed of carrots and freeze em is that ok ?

Hi Sarah

I don't have any personal experience but my sister in law weaned her wee boy a couple of months back and does what you are suggesting - she steams the veg then purees/mashes it and freezes it in ice cube trays (once they're frozen she decants them into freezer bags so they are sealed). I think most of the nutrients are retained when you freeze and will save so much time rather than having to cook everything for each meal!

Hope this helps a little

Lucy
38 + 3

yeah i think freezing retains all the nutrients - go for it!

Can I ask, why do people freeze food in an ice cube tray frst, why not straight into a freezer bag?? Or is that a stupid question? :oops:

i think its to help them measure out the feed? 2 cubes = 1 meal or something??

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh see I knew it was a bloody stupid question with a clearly obvious answer! :lol:

Sami - yeah it's like what Kim said - it's easier to measure out meals and I think a lot quicker to defrost? As my nephew is now 9 months old I think my sis in law sometimes mixes the cubes as well after they've defrosted so she can vary it like carrot and sweet potato then another time carrot and brocolli etc.

LOL - I'm imagining now what my freezer will look like in months to come! Imagine having people round and someone getting a drink having had a couple and not realising that these wicked looking ice cubes are really little one's food! Hmmm vodka and coke with brocolli ice cubes :D

Lucy
38 + 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back